Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I've noticed that while in the App Store my screen sometimes flickers. This does not happen with any other apps that I can tell so far. Has anybody else experienced this problem either on the mini or another device?

CandyNJ66

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
USA
I've noticed that while in the App Store my screen sometimes flickers. This does not happen with any other apps that I can tell so far. Has anybody else experienced this problem either on the mini or another device?

Yep, the App Store when scrolling also "flickers" for a second on my iPad 4 and also did this on my iPad 3 before I sold it. On iOS 5.1.1, NO flicker

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Thanks for the quick responses. It's a relief that this appears to be a App Store issue, rather than an iPad mini issue.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Not sure what is up with the App Store lately. Sometimes the site doesn't even load all the way. Searches seem to messed up too. I was searching yesterday and the page never did load. I had to shut down the app and restart it. Hopefully they fix this soon.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Not sure what is up with the App Store lately. Sometimes the site doesn't even load all the way. Searches seem to messed up too. I was searching yesterday and the page never did load. I had to shut down the app and restart it. Hopefully they fix this soon.

I've had to close, kill, and reopen the App Store many times to make it work.
Also when I would tap on the "search" bar from the 'updates' page it would always crash.

I really hope they get it fixed. The App Store is just a disaster now. It's hard to find things and just never seems to work right..

CandyNJ66

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
USA
I experienced this the first day I bought my ipad 4. I had to unplug my xfinity cable modem and the router for a minute. I plugged them back in and the App Store loads up normally. Hurricane Sandy apparently was the culprit i guess as to why the modem was working subpar

Anyway, I suggest unplugging your modems etc and restarting it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.