Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hello everyone I was wondering what if any peoples experiences were using larger headphones with the iPod shuffle, such as these

And also I know if anyone knew the answer then they'd have to be god, but what do people honestly think s going to happen with the shuffle. I'm not talking screen or no screen, i just mean do people think in the near future say before First Quarter 2006 that we'll see larger capacity/price drop in the shuffles?

I got my 3rd gen iPod 20gig stolen and I was thinking about getting a shuffle to hold me off until i get a real job and can buy a larger iPod(100 gig haha). Thanks in advance guys!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Why shouldn't it...?

I'm using Koss PortaPros with my mini, (they have roughly the same sensitivity 101dB/mW, Sony has 100dB/mW), and even if the Sony should draw a bit more power, thus limiting the battery life somewhat, there's no reason why they shouldnt work....

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
yes... they'll work...

but why? the sound quality of the shuffle is pretty weak... good for exercising, walking around, etc... not something you'd want to use decent headphones for... as in, i wouldn't use any headphones that cose more than $25 with my shuffle...

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
gwuMACaddict said:
yes... they'll work...

but why? the sound quality of the shuffle is pretty weak... good for exercising, walking around, etc... not something you'd want to use decent headphones for... as in, i wouldn't use any headphones that cose more than $25 with my shuffle...

the sound that comes out of my shuffle sounds better than my 4g ipod

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
applemacdude said:
the sound that comes out of my shuffle sounds better than my 4g ipod

I thought the consensus among iPod users was that the Shuffle sounds better then all generations of the iPod, something about how the Shuffle reproduces music better!?!? Thanks for the responses!

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
gwuMACaddict said:
yes... they'll work...

I totally disagree. I think the sound from the shuffle is actually the best quality of any iPod. If you dig around on some Hi-Fi boards, I think that you will find alot of people agree with me.

If you are worried about it having enough power you could always invest in a cheap headphone amp.

I can't say for sure, but I think that you will be fine driving these headphones.

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
iDM said:
I thought the consensus among iPod users was that the Shuffle sounds better then all generations of the iPod, something about how the Shuffle reproduces music better!?!? Thanks for the responses!

You beat me to it!

Also I gotta say, I love the idea of headphones being 10x the size of the source. That is a funny image!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.