Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Pixar Times reports (via 9to5Mac) that Pixar has recently named its main building in honor of Steve Jobs, with a Pixar employee tweeting a friend's photo showing the new name on the building.
Peering in through the windows, you can clearly see the outline of Sulley, confirming that this is the main building that Steve Jobs himself played a major role in designing. He came up with the idea that the building should be centered around a large atrium, which would lead to accidental collaboration that may not occur if everyone was stuck in their individual offices.
pixar_steve_jobs_building.jpg
Jobs famously invested $10 million to purchase Pixar from Lucasfilm in 1986, with the animation studio being sold to Disney 20 years later for $7.4 billion.

Article Link: Pixar Names Main Building in Honor of Steve Jobs

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That's cool, Pixar wouldn't be where they are now, if it wasn't for his vision, money and support of a fledging company spun off from Lucasfilm.

jctevere

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2009
Yes, we know, Steve Jobs was the second coming of Jesus Christ... RIP Steve, now can we all move on?

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
This is not to belittle the well meaning of their effort, but if he were alive, I don't think Steve would want to be attributed to an UGLY looking building and that sign!!! Aesthetically, it's just not Steve...
/
/

gregwyattjr

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
I love Pixar films but they've seemed to have lost some of their magic in the past couple years. I hope Pixar's 2013 film puts an end to this decline.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
A University is needed next

The wealth of knowledge Steve accumulated since his return to Apple in 1996 to create the most valuable company on earth has affected everything from design/art, mathematics, technology/engineering, economics, philosophy/psychology, marketing. I believe the next generation has a lot to learn from him and it could be structured in a way to create the next generation of great leaders and thinkers, not just in same fields, but all facets of life.

Here's to Jobs University

Lets see it happen by 2020.

Note: I am not asking for a cult university here, just the best of Jobs thinking structured in a way that can benefit humanity. He was human, so he did have his flaws, but his talent overshadowed them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.