Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lighthouse_man

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2005
In the first episode featuring River she died too. What's your point? ;)

Well River can regenerate and while she is one of the Doctor's companions, we never witnessed that timeline nor will we ever most probably. But you might be going somewhere with this if River Song has one more regeneration to give, that this new girl is a future regenerated River Song.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Xhsea.jpg

The opening title for the dinosaur episode this week :D

martinhulk1

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Adak
Its really nice and adventures show to watch. And i enjoying it so much. Watching it since it beginning. All the stars of the show have played really nice role and specially David Tennant as The Doctor he is such awesome to watch. I really enjoying watching this show.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I was wondering the same thing too. Must have been cool watching Who from the very beginning back in 1963! :p ;)

I was alive then but Doctor Who didn't show up in the states until many years after that. PBS started showing the Tom Baker episodes in the 70's and then started showing the earlier doctors (before Tom Baker) after the Tom Baker episodes started doing well. My favorite early doctor was Jon Pertwee although I liked Peter Davison and Tom Baker.

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
I'm probably one of the few DW fans, or maybe the only one, who doesn't want anymore cybermen-focused episodes. Daleks are getting pretty close, too.

Yeah, you're the only one. :D

I don't want another lame Cyber story...

I HOPE like hell that they've got the money to redo the Cybermen design, AND make a big point of them being the Mondas Cybermen instead of Cybus ones...

Frankly, I don't think the new era birth story really set up the Cybermen to become what they have appeared to be in the new series - roaming around the universe in massive ships etc, and the Cyber King of The Next Doctor...

(Yes, I know MOFF has stated/suggested that for the last few appearances they are in fact Mondas Cybermen... but it's pretty hard to buy that when they haven't paid for a redesign...)

I have high hopes actually, given Gaiman's track record... that we may get a good Cyber story this time...

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I'd be happy to see the Cybermen back if they're moved back towards their original concept – a dwindling number of diseased, wraith-like figures sacrificing their humanity for survival are more interesting and much more creepy than armies of big shiny robot types stomping around. The new version I could happily go without for a while.

Sort it out, Gaiman. :p

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Agreed, hopefully the Cybermen go back to their their Mondas-ian (?) roots. ;) Tomb of the Cybermen with Patrick Troughton was one of my favs actually, for some reason... and hey, who am I kidding, the Tom Baker one where Adric dies is a classic. ;)

DAC47

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2007
Cardiff
First picture of the new TARDIS interior
Doctor-who-the-snowmen-tardis-new.jpg

seems very simple by comparison to the last one.
1970s style?

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
seems very simple by comparison to the last one.
One thing that you immediately notice is that the practice of using junk on the console – a theme since the series returned – looks to have ended.

Also, the previous two console rooms have used very warm colours whereas this looks much darker and colder. An indication perhaps of the Doctor's post-Pond mood?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.