Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

murf'n'surf

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2007
This seems strange to me as Ferrari is very lacking in the techno-gadget driver comfort type of thing. I'm around these cars daily and I can tell you that they are built for the track, not comfort. Everyone oohs and ahhs over them but your tune would change once you ride these cars in an everyday type of setting. They are sweet machines for the track but lack on the comfort and stereo department. Quality control is even poor, I have seen bad paint touch ups, overspray on interior panels, missing bolts, misaliglined interior panels and more. Give be a Bentley any day.....who needs to go 240mph anyway! I really hope he is able to work Ferrari into updating their driver comfort/entertainment packages because they do need help.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
As stated above Steve had a policy that Apple's top admin were not
allowed to serve on other boards as it takes away the focus from Apple.
I have been a Mac Die hard fan since 1990, I am wondering for the first time
if Apple is loosing the magic? I think others are starting to feel that way look
at the stock action today. Another quote at Apple was "skate to where the puck is going to be not where it already is" Although I love my iPad mini, in reality
it really is a product where Apple is skating to the puck.

I know what you mean. Tim Cook is not the maniacally driven man that Steve Jobs was. Also, I think Tim tries too hard to be liked rather than pushing those around him to do great things, and once you let up just a little bit, that's when you start to lose your edge, aka magic.

I'm confident Apple's stock price will rebound, and it may even break $1,000 as many predict within the next year or two, but without Steve's vision and drive, I don't know how much higher it can go.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
I'd bet not, this was in the Adirondacks, 200 miles from NYC. Saw the guy at the same place many times this past summer. Not a place where a stock broker would hang out if you know what I mean.

Actually, a lot of NYC residents go there for the summer that are wealthy. It's a good place that's quiet and relaxing. I met a bunch of people in the financial district this past summer out there.

And for those making 250k or more a year. Ferarri or Lambo is nothing to them.

pacalis

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2011
Actually, a lot of NYC residents go there for the summer that are wealthy. It's a good place that's quiet and relaxing. I met a bunch of people in the financial district this past summer out there.

$250K goes a distance, but not Ferarri or Lambo distance unless you're buying a used one that was heavily driven.

F1Fan

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2011
Northern Virginia
Luigi only follows the Ferraris.

HAHAHA.....AWESOME! That's one of my favorite lines! Of any movie ever!

I'm a huge Ferrari nut (for those who keep saying Lambo is better - well, to each their own, but in my opinion, you just don't get it. The F1 racing heritage alone sets Ferrari above all else.). Anyone who knows me knows Ferrari and Apple :apple: are 2 of my biggest loves. Just about every birthday the go to gift for most people to get me is either something Apple related or something Ferrari related.

I have a picture at the Beverly Center in LA, near where I used to work, standing in front of the Ferrari Store right next to the Apple Store. That's pretty much me in heaven. So yeah, to say I'm envious of Eddy Cue right now is a tad of an understatement!:eek:

TrentS

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
Zoom Zoom!

This seems strange to me as Ferrari is very lacking in the techno-gadget driver comfort type of thing. I'm around these cars daily and I can tell you that they are built for the track, not comfort. Everyone oohs and ahhs over them but your tune would change once you ride these cars in an everyday type of setting. They are sweet machines for the track but lack on the comfort and stereo department. Quality control is even poor, I have seen bad paint touch ups, overspray on interior panels, missing bolts, misaliglined interior panels and more. Give be a Bentley any day.....who needs to go 240mph anyway! I really hope he is able to work Ferrari into updating their driver comfort/entertainment packages because they do need help.

Give me a 2013 Corvette ZR1 over a Ferrari any day!!

:D :D :D :D

TrentS

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
"I like Hugo's"

HAHAHA.....AWESOME! That's one of my favorite lines! Of any movie ever!

I'm a huge Ferrari nut (for those who keep saying Lambo is better - well, to each their own, but in my opinion, you just don't get it. The F1 racing heritage alone sets Ferrari above all else.). Anyone who knows me knows Ferrari and Apple :apple: are 2 of my biggest loves. Just about every birthday the go to gift for most people to get me is either something Apple related or something Ferrari related.

I have a picture at the Beverly Center in LA, near where I used to work, standing in front of the Ferrari Store right next to the Apple Store. That's pretty much me in heaven. So yeah, to say I'm envious of Eddy Cue right now is a tad of an understatement!:eek:

You idea of Heaven is standing in front of the Ferarri store? Why wouldn't your idea of Heaven be you sitting in your very own mint condition 2013 Ferarri!? You have small dreams, my friend.

:D :D :D :D

scoobydoo99

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2003

Hardly. $250K is NOT Ferrari or Lambo territory. Yes, it could be doable if you watch your money carefully, but that's certainly well below Ferrari's typical clientele.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!

I personally would love an Aston Martin One 77, but as that's strictly second hand and for the extreme rich, I'll be happy with one of those new Aston Martin Vanquish car's :D
But the way Bentley's are made is awesome, what's the build quality like on Maserati's these day's?

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Given the falling share price maybe Tim and Eddy should be fully focussed on their day jobs instead.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Lamborghini > Ferrari :cool:

I think so too, but it's really close. I loved the LP640, didn't like the LP670, and haven't seen the newest one in real life yet. I liked Lamborghini way more than Ferrari before Ferrari's 458, which is way better than their previous models.

----------

Completely not a mac rumor

MacRumors is about Apple rumors/news, and Apple's senior VP joining the board of directors of another company is Apple news.

----------

Given the falling share price maybe Tim and Eddy should be fully focussed on their day jobs instead.

The market took a huge dump following Obama's* victory (as I expected :D) in fear of the fiscal cliff, and Europe and over-hyped AAPL expectations drove Apple down.

*I thought this would happen no matter who won, not just Obama.

----------

Good thing the product line is actually "Macintosh"

No, it's technically "Mac" now.

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
How many F1, Le Mans and sports car races has Lambo won?
You can figure it out on one hand.

We're an Apple community, aren't we? What did Steve Jobs say about Apple's lineup of Macs on his return? Not fast enough? No. He said, 'The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!'

Lamborghini make the sexiest cars by a long margin. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.