Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Hypothetically, if one were to use the contact form to reach out to mods and admins but get no response back in return, what other avenues to attempt contact would be considered acceptable?

Thanks,

-- Nathan

EricByer

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2012
From what I've read around here over the months, you might have to wait a 48 or 72 hours. How long have you been waiting?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The administrators will respond to you. Sometimes it takes a bit longer than a day or two so please be patient if you've submitted one. All requests are looked at and dealt with.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Sometimes you may have to wait a bit, as the mods can be quite busy from time to time. They will get back to you.

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
From what I've read around here over the months, you might have to wait a 48 or 72 hours. How long have you been waiting?

'k, thanks. It's hard to talk about this without it devolving here into a discussion about a particular instance of something, which we are admonished not to do in this feedback forum, and I don't want to be accused of breaking another rule. But there has been some activity that has occurred since I sent the messages which suggests that they have been read (although it's possible I'm wrong), and yet I have not seen an actual response.

-- Nathan

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
'k, thanks. It's hard to talk about this without it devolving here into a discussion about a particular instance of something, which we are admonished not to do in this feedback forum, and I don't want to be accused of breaking another rule. But there has been some activity that has occurred since I sent the messages which suggests that they have been read (although it's possible I'm wrong), and yet I have not seen an actual response.

-- Nathan

From "How to contact the moderators and administrators":

Most Contact messages are answered within a day. We have more moderators than administrators and since the administrators also manage the site and forum system you may need to be patient. We reply to almost every Contact message but we ignore spam, ads, and extremely rude messages. Some answers take research, another reason for patience. For problems that require quick action or routine forum moderation, use the Report Post icon.

Feb 6, 2012
Hi NathanA,

We've responded to your messages twice today, both within 24 hours of receiving the messages. You responded once already to our first message, so we know you received that one. If you haven't seen the last message, then please check your junk/spam folder to make sure it wasn't sent there.

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
We've responded to your messages twice today, both within 24 hours of receiving the messages. You responded once already to our first message, so we know you received that one.
Hello, and thanks for posting. All of the messages that I sent to you were new compositions from scratch and were not responses; I have not seen any e-mail or PMs from anybody at all, so I'm not sure how you saw a response from me that I didn't compose to a message of yours that I never read. I have checked my spam filter (Postini) and there is nothing from MR stuck in there; I even have *.macrumors.com whitelisted and I've gotten stuff from there before.

So if you are using e-mail to send me responses, I'm not sure what is happening to them, but I'm not getting them. Would it be alright if I PM'd you and either continued the conversation there or gave you an alternate e-mail address to contact me at?

Thanks a bunch,

-- Nathan

Feb 6, 2012
Hello, and thanks for posting. All of the messages that I sent to you were new compositions from scratch and were not responses; I have not seen any e-mail or PMs from anybody at all, so I'm not sure how you saw a response from me that I didn't compose to a message of yours that I never read. I have checked my spam filter (Postini) and there is nothing from MR stuck in there; I even have *.macrumors.com whitelisted and I've gotten stuff from there before.

So if you are using e-mail to send me responses, I'm not sure what is happening to them, but I'm not getting them. Would it be alright if I PM'd you and either continued the conversation there or gave you an alternate e-mail address to contact me at?

Thanks a bunch,

-- Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Your third message thanked us for removing a requested post. So I assumed that you had read my previous message letting you know I had done so.

If you haven't received them, please feel free to PM me. I'll go ahead an message you now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.