Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Hi guy,
I tried searching for this for a while but didn't find anything specific.

Just out of curiosity I was looking for the "APN Setting" being used by my phone.

I have a TELUS mobility iPhone 5 which has been permanentally unlocked.

I however do not see any APN settings option. I see no "Network" option or "Cellular Network Settings" option in the Settings of my phone.

Anyone have the same issue?

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
No one else have this issue?
Everyone has that setting on there iphones?

Am I the only one with a moody iPhone?

Infinitygraphix

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2008
you should see it in setting -> general -> cellular network -> cellular data network (or similar, my phone is in french) -> APN (i think it should be isp.telus.com

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
No one else have this issue?
Everyone has that setting on there iphones?

Am I the only one with a moody iPhone?

My AT&T unlocked iPhone 5 does the same thing. If I put a T-Mobile Sim, it'll show the APN settings, but if I put the AT&T sim back, it hides them. I don't understand why it does that, it could be because AT&T is an official carrier and so it doesn't need the APN settings to be messed with, it automatically sets them. Or, it could be because it was originally a carrier locked iPhone, it'll always hide the APN settings once it detects it's previous official carrier sim. I don't know, this is just a guess but mine hides the APN settings on my AT&T sim despite it being unlocked.

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
My AT&T unlocked iPhone 5 does the same thing. If I put a T-Mobile Sim, it'll show the APN settings, but if I put the AT&T sim back, it hides them. I don't understand why it does that, it could be because AT&T is an official carrier and so it doesn't need the APN settings to be messed with, it automatically sets them. Or, it could be because it was originally a carrier locked iPhone, it'll always hide the APN settings once it detects it's previous official carrier sim. I don't know, this is just a guess but mine hides the APN settings on my AT&T sim despite it being unlocked.

Well in my case I'm putting in a non original carrier sim in my phone.

When i pop the SIM card out, those settings dont' show up.

But I am thinking it's probably a carrier thing. Some carriers allow you to play with the APN and others don't.
I will have to find another SIM and try using the phone to see if the APN settings are viewable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.