Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mary H

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Canada
Hey,

We have moved from one province to another and changed ISPs. I can connect to the internet directly from the modem with a NIC cord. However, I am getting no connection from the Airport Extreme via a NIC cord or wirelessly. The Airport Extreme is not connecting to the internet. I have changed the protocols. Called the new ISP to make sure I was using the correct username and password.

I am totally kurfluffled as to what is happening.

Any insight welcome. In the past I never had any problem connecting to a new wireless connection but could not reset the extreme nor remove the old but current wireless connection.

DaveTheRave

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Unplug/shut off the computer, the modem, and the router. Wait a minute or so. Then power up the modem. Let it boot up, etc. Then plug the ethernet cord into the router, then power up the router, then turn on your computer. Does that work?

Mary H

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Canada
No :(

I am getting a message that there is an error with the base saying there are no DNS server addresses which may cause connection problems. If this is it, where do I get the DNS server addresses?

Mary H

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Canada
Solved :)

I had tried the hard reset earlier but it wasn't resetting. This time I was able to reset it and I am now using the wireless to type this :D

Thank you!!!!

Mary H

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Canada
Yes Knoodles, even though I had gone through the instruction several times, clicking on the link you posted and going through the steps again made me realize I had missed an important part of the process ... waiting for the rapid flashes

Thanks, mary

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.