Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thenaes

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2011
I'm hoping an iOS update comes along with iTunes 11 (or very soon thereafter) that allows for streaming of purchased Music/Movies/TV Shows directly to iOS devices. There's no reason why they don't allow for this already - I know you can do iTunes Match, but they should allow for streaming of purchases for free instead of just allowing for downloading.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
maybe iOS 6.1 and iTunes 11 are being released same time.. end of november? although iOS 6.1 could not possibly come out till sometime early next year..

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
well they would have to get iOS 6.1 out by end of november and we are only on beta 2.. i doubt thats gonna be the case.. rooting for iTunes 11 on Wednesday still!

thenaes

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2011
maybe iOS 6.1 and iTunes 11 are being released same time.. end of november? although iOS 6.1 could not possibly come out till sometime early next year..
6.1 coming out with this would make sense but who knows if it'll be ready. Supposedly there's features in iTunes 11 that let you resume your movies (kind of like Amazon does) on any device. So that means that streaming should be coming to iOS devices for purchases. Hopefully.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
6.1 coming out with this would make sense but who knows if it'll be ready. Supposedly there's features in iTunes 11 that let you resume your movies (kind of like Amazon does) on any device. So that means that streaming should be coming to iOS devices for purchases. Hopefully.

if iTunes11 is coming out this week than definately no to iOS 6.1 shipping with it.

PBP

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2011
Why would it make sense to release iOS 6.1 and iTunes11 at the same time :confused: ?. Plan A was to release iTunes11 end of october not with iOS6.1 together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.