Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I do like my smart cover. I preferred the way I could fold it in half on the larger model but, on the mini, it seems to stick to the back fine.

My only issue is the color choices. I wish they had made a black one and made some leather options. The dark gray on black is okay but would have liked a black cover.

Patiently waiting for some third party smart covers to come out. :eek:

Yes, its a tragic shame there is not a black one. Nice slate black mini with a bright green cover?

Makes me want to barf. :D

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I wonder if some iPad mini are missing the internal magnets.

the magnets are not in proper position when folded back, they are there to attract when closing and to trigger sleep/wake... buy a .69 cent magnet if you want that - I triple fold it like above with no problem...

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Did not hold the iPad up stable enough for me and left lines on my screen so for $40 no thanks. I returned it.

To many other options out there.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Yes, its a tragic shame there is not a black one. Nice slate black mini with a bright green cover?

Makes me want to barf. :D

I have the nice slate black mini with the (Product) Red cover, looks awesome in my opinion. I also have the (Product) Red case on my black iPad 3 and the (Product) Red bumper on my iPhone 4 and hoping they will come out with one for the iPhone 5

Raysofhope

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
I bought one yesterday but noticed that the magnet doesn't stick the whole screen, just the right edge.
Is this normal??

Raysofhope

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Can you tell me if the magnetic is due to cover the whole screen or not?
As I said mine sticks only the 1st right edge... If this is not good then I have to complain

Swayzee

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
I really tried to like it but i think i am going to return it. i take it off when i am using it anyways.. so i might just opt for a slip case.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
I only bought a smart cover purely just waiting for my otter box case to come till waiting for it now should be here in a couple of weeks

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I loved the Smart Cover on the iPad 3 I thought the mini would be just as good if not better now that the metal hinge is covered but it kind of stinks on the mini. I might return it and order a dodo case.

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
Not liking the cover on the new 4 (my first iPad). When protecting the screen, it's great, but folded around the back, the tapered profile of the back of the iPad makes the cover not fit perfectly. I'm tempted to try a smart case, but worry about the same issue.

I get that you can roll up the cover when on the back and hold it like a handle, but even that doesn't seem like a natural thing.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
I hated the smart cover on my iPad 2 and 3 mainly for how A) never had a good position when folded to the back (I didn't like the "double fold" suggestion and stretched full length wouldn't stick and B) how the magnet strength was weak enough that when held upside down the cover would unstick many times from the screen (but not the hinge.)

The smart cover on the iPad mini is much better. The magnet seems stronger and sticks well to the screen holding the cover in place no matter the orientation of the mini and most importantly it does stick well when folded around to the back. For the thin easy to remove solution it is a winner for the iPad mini and works well when paired with my sleeve for throwing the whole thing in a bag from time to time.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Used one for a week and just took it off.

Wouldn't protect the back or sides so I went to a folio style case.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I like mine, but it's only really for covering the screen when I'm out and about. When I'm at home, I use it with this stand.

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 90
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.