Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aphexii

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2006
My noot arrived yesterday, but unfortunately it's pretty deformed. The top and the bottom are so loose they don't hold at all to the edge of the phone and leave a pretty sizable gap. Ill be returning this one :(

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Mine had lots of lint along the top bezel every time I checked it after I took it out of my pocket.

I don't have that problem as I don't keep mine in my pants pocket but in my purse or in a jacket pocket. The jacket pocket hasn't caused any lint issues.

I feel bad that this case isn't working for you, as it's actually my favorite case and I've tried a bunch.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
It's definitely one of my favorites. So far, I have 8 different iPhone 5 cases. I just wish the TPU was tougher and more defined for the iPhone 5. I'm more than likely going to try the Power Support Air Jacket and see how I like it.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Now offering the Noot in pink, turquoise and blue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 103

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Pocket lint is issue for me too. With my old Commuter case, I liked having the port covers to keep lint, dirt, etc. out of jacks.

Any recommendations on thin case with quality of Noot but with covers for ports?

Switch Easy Nude is really nice and has port covers, their not attached to the case but they give you two that are full coverage even across the speakers I don't have a ton of experiance with cases because I never use to use them until I got the 5 but I like it a lot and it works well until I get my Sector 5

charis1113

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
Mine is Granite Ultra Slim, clear case, from more-thing :):):)

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 113

djstile

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
I was using this Noot case for about two weeks and I really loved the feel of the case, but it is now in the trash. I know this case is very thin and wouldn't provide too much protection, but it really provides absolutely none. I dropped my iP5 in the Noot case 2 to 3 feet to the kitchen floor where it landed on its back then bounced and landed on its front. The front screen was completely shattered and the back glass panels above and below the center area were shattered, with the center area slightly marked and dented.

Obviously dropping the phone was 100% my fault, but if you are looking for ANY drop protection whatsoever from this case - look elsewhere. This case is perfect for scratch protection on the sides and back, but it will not protect the phone in a drop any more than the phone without a case on it at all. This is not me bitching about the case, just a heads up to anyone out there who might be considering this case as more than scratch protection.

Fortunately I have AC+ so I had my phone replaced and now have a Candyshell Grip for some actual drop protection.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I was using this Noot case for about two weeks and I really loved the feel of the case, but it is now in the trash. I know this case is very thin and wouldn't provide too much protection, but it really provides absolutely none. I dropped my iP5 in the Noot case 2 to 3 feet to the kitchen floor where it landed on its back then bounced and landed on its front. The front screen was completely shattered and the back glass panels above and below the center area were shattered, with the center area slightly marked and dented.

Obviously dropping the phone was 100% my fault, but if you are looking for ANY drop protection whatsoever from this case - look elsewhere. This case is perfect for scratch protection on the sides and back, but it will not protect the phone in a drop any more than the phone without a case on it at all. This is not me bitching about the case, just a heads up to anyone out there who might be considering this case as more than scratch protection.

Fortunately I have AC+ so I had my phone replaced and now have a Candyshell Grip for some actual drop protection.

That's really a bummer and good to know that the Noot doesn't provide fall protection. Was it the slim Noot or the bumper frosted back Noot? I've been a big fan of the slim Noot but like the bumper style case even better. And the bumper is made of a harder rubber. Should protect a bit better but still doesn't really give much screen protection.

djstile

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
That's really a bummer and good to know that the Noot doesn't provide fall protection. Was it the slim Noot or the bumper frosted back Noot? I've been a big fan of the slim Noot but like the bumper style case even better. And the bumper is made of a harder rubber. Should protect a bit better but still doesn't really give much screen protection.

The slim black matte one. Called Slim T5 on Amazon. Here's the link.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
The slim black matte one. Called Slim T5 on Amazon. Here's the link.

Yeah my favorite case was this same case in white. Totally loved it but now with your fall story, I've switched over to the bumper style with the frosted back Noot case. It should give some better fall protection as the rubber bumper is definitely sturdier than the slim case. I also like that it has no branding and the bottom cut outs are better.

KeithLilja

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Yeah my favorite case was this same case in white. Totally loved it but now with your fall story, I've switched over to the bumper style with the frosted back Noot case. It should give some better fall protection as the rubber bumper is definitely sturdier than the slim case. I also like that it has no branding and the bottom cut outs are better.

I can't wait to try mine out! :D

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
May 7, 2011
Noot is amazing. Using it only for scratch prevention.
Mine isn't aligned/gripping to the phone due to my Bodyguardz Back/Sides. Still works fine tho.

Tried it on a phone w.o the skins and it was a perfect fit. If you are experienced any looseness or it not gripping tightly, putting some rubber bands on will help.

I put some on when the case was on the phone overnight.

(Ordered from Amazon and the fulfiller also threw in a free gift for me: [Griffin USB Car Charger]) Haven't used it yet, but it was a nice touch; especially when it only cost ~$5

Remember! This case does NOT have a lip! So if you are looking to place your phone screen down, this case will not keep the screen off the table. I'm using a Bodyguardz Pure so it's no problem at all.

KeithLilja

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Noot is amazing. Using it only for scratch prevention.
Mine isn't aligned/gripping to the phone due to my Bodyguardz Back/Sides. Still works fine tho.

Tried it on a phone w.o the skins and it was a perfect fit. If you are experienced any looseness or it not gripping tightly, putting some rubber bands on will help.

I put some on when the case was on the phone overnight.

(Ordered from Amazon and the fulfiller also threw in a free gift for me: [Griffin USB Car Charger]) Haven't used it yet, but it was a nice touch; especially when it only cost ~$5

Remember! This case does NOT have a lip! So if you are looking to place your phone screen down, this case will not keep the screen off the table. I'm using a Bodyguardz Pure so it's no problem at all.

Sweet! Thanks for the advice. I'm getting the bumper style case with the frosted back though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.