Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In line with tracking information, a number of U.S. customers who pre-ordered LTE models of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad have either already received their shipments this morning or are seeing their packages out for delivery.

ipad_mini_lte_delivered.jpg

Verizon iPad mini delivered (Thanks, Joshua)

Our forums are beginning to fill with reports of iPad minis being delivered, while we're also starting to see reports of fourth-generation iPads arriving.

Apple has yet to announce when it will begin selling the LTE iPad mini and iPad models in stores, although stocks of at least the full-size iPad models have reportedly arrived at the company's stores and we had previously heard that AT&T was planning to begin selling the devices this Friday, November 16.

Article Link: First Pre-Orders of LTE iPad Mini and Fourth-Generation iPad Models Arriving in U.S.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Hope they are shipped to Aussie customers soon. I NEED mine before I go on a cruise on the last day of this month.

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
The antenna bar looks great on a black iPad mini. Maybe they should introduce black/slate iPad (full size)

Last edited:

s2obed

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
I woke up today to see my iPad mini scheduled for delivery! I'm heading home for lunch to pick it up!

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I'll never forget showing my iPad 3 to my buddy, wife, mom and dad. I was super excited about the difference. NONE of them thought it was that big of a deal. All of their eyes reacted differently. In fact my buddy who doesn't have great eyesight thought the bolder look to the fonts of the iPad 2 for easier for him to read.

-Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

Splash92553

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
I recived my 2 ipad Mini's. 1 silver, 1 slate 32gb verizon. Was set to deliver 11/16/12 but I got them 11/15/12 @ 0902 via FedEx

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Screen resolution is fine if you are reading 8pt fonts in the web browser, yes. Make your fonts 12 pt and hold it at least 12 inches from your face, like you do with a normal book and you will be fine.

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
I got my iPad mini cellular 64gb Verizon at 9:38 am delivered.
Now waiting for iPad 4th gen

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I'm sure I'll be happier once it gets a Retina Display, but for now the smaller size and lighter weight are pluses.

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
That’s the problem with looking at spec sheets and drawing conclusions. I’m looking at a 3GS here and a mini right now, to suggest the screens are even remotely comparable is laughable.

crescentmage

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
Many people seem to forget that the 3rd generation iPad required a much larger battery to power the retina display, and became thicker and heavier than the iPad 2 as a result.

I would prefer the low-res screen of my iPad Mini if that is necessary to keep it slim and lightweight. People who don't care as much about size and weight will buy a 10-inch iPad anyway, which is likely the reason Apple management made the choices that they did.

Jetson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2003
I love that iPad Mini!

It's the perfect size (fits in my jacket pocket) and so light.

But I'm not going to buy one until it's got the Retina display (sigh).

In the meantime I'll hopefully be enjoying my iPad 4 due to arrive any day now... (Snoopy Dance!).

:)

Zunjine

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2009
The antenna bar looks great on a black iPad mini. Maybe they should introduce black/slate iPad (full size)

It seems almost certain they will.

The iPad 4th Gen is clearly a stop gap product - not that it isn't a great iPad, it clearly is, but it looks the same as the iPad 3 which shared the same design as the iPad 2. It's a big spec bump but a spec bump none the less. I fully expect a new iPad next year - maybe even before the fall - that brings the design language of the iPhone and iPad mini to the iPad - anodized aluminium with diamond cut chamfered edges. I also expect the in cell touch technology to come to iPad, maybe with the new IGZO screen tech. These items will then make their way to the iPad mini 2 next fall.

It is my humble opinion that the iPad mini and iPhone 5 are the most gorgeous designs Apple has ever produced.

bdizzle

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
pre ordered on October 26th...scheduled for delivery on the 19th...on truck for delivery today!

32GB AT&T

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
I and other family members with original Ipads are very happy. I actually read many magazines on ours (nextissue - wonderful). And books. And games.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I can tell the difference and I just don't care. I like the iPad mini and that's good enough for me.

Zunjine

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2009
To be fair, the first Retina Apple device was the iPhone 4 and that came out in June 2010. I've been using Retina quality screens for two and a half years. But, yes, it is funny how quickly people become used to something.

The iPhone 4 ruined me for the old 3GS screen. Even the smaller but noticeable improvements made in the iPhone 5 (in cell touch) makes the brilliant 4S screen seem somewhat washed out to my eyes.

I suspect I would notice the lower res. iPad mini screen so I'm waiting for the retina version. All that being said, the mini looks like a truly great product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.