Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would you do with your ipad mini when the mini 2 gets released

• keep it, no plan on updating

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • sell it and get the ipad mini 2

Votes: 56 60.2%
  • depends if they change the form factor, im keeping it as a collection and buy the mini 2

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • i don't GAF, you mad brah...

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
Sell this one and upgrade if I can swing it for a cost difference of $75 or less. If not make a decision between:
-Doing nothing and waiting a few years or so.
-Selling the 4 and consolidating to one iPad

----------

That's also factoring in if its worth the upgrade. I'd only want to if it had retina and a better processor.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
After buying ipad 1, ipad 3, and now the mini...think I'll keep it at least 2 yrs. before I upgrade it.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
It's not what "would" I do, it's what I will do...IF the next mini is Retina. Otherwise I'll keep it as I'm otherwise very happy w/ mini.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
sell ASAP! The sooner the retina mini comes out the better!

kept my 3 and will wait till the ipad 5. I feel the reg size ipads are a must for at home viewing. Will never sell those.

iPadMini

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
America
I would sell mine a couple weeks before launch with cheap accessories bundled in for the same price I bought it for. Then i would buy the new one if it was retina.

DaReaper

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2008
Not having retina doesn't really bother me. So it has to have some major updates in order for me to upgrade.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I sell it regardless how little they change it. Except for Cars, iMac & MacBook Air/Pro, I sell all my toys and upgrade.

My Samsung Galaxy Note II is my 14th upgrade since I signed a contract back in '09. I can't keep anything for more than 6 months. I only had the iPhone 5 for two weeks.

AndersOlson

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Keep the first gen mini for the wife and buy an upgrade. It'll still be a great ipad and with AppleCare+ it'll last a while

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
If they can add retina, keep weight and battery then same...all of you will upgrade. ALL of you.

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Hey...I bought the first gen iPad the day they were released back in 2010. Still have the unlimited data plan thru AT&T that I will transfer to my iPad mini LTE when it arrives.

What will I do when the iPad mini 2 comes out? Um...dunno.

I didn't upgrade my first gen when the iPad 2 came out. Or the iPad 3 with Retina. Or the iPad 4. Soooooo.....who knows.

The mini first gen may share the same fate with me as the first regular iPad did. I may just skip the upgrades for awhile. Or I may sell the first gen and upgrade. It depends.

Either way, I know I will be happy...cause I have enjoyed AND continue to enjoy my first gen iPad - which I am typing on right now!

;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.