Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Even though I'm awaiting the release of the 27" models due in Dec. I'm still dying to see the release of the 21" models so people can get an idea of what the upgrade options and prices will be like on the 27" units. Black Friday is this week and I had thought Apple was gonna do it before people blows out all their cash on B-Friday. I guess (or so far) that the iMacs won't attack till the far end times of the month.

Kev.LoveMac

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2012
Even though I'm awaiting the release of the 27" models due in Dec. I'm still dying to see the release of the 21" models so people can get an idea of what the upgrade options and prices will be like on the 27" units. Black Friday is this week and I had thought Apple was gonna do it before people blows out all their cash on B-Friday. I guess (or so far) that the iMacs won't attack till the far end times of the month.

It reminds me of a song, it is sad, so sad, it is a sad-sad situation.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Friday, November 30th at 11:59 pm for the 21".

1 minute before singing Auld Lang Syne for the 27".

Hakone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2011
Southern California
I think they'll release it next week to avoid the obligatory BF discount. Tuesday perhaps?

Heck, i'd be surprised if they offered a discount on the iPad mini...

Dyn-tec

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I have a feeling that waiting til after Black Friday was not a coincidence....

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
People may be out of money after Black Friday!! :p

I for one who cant wait, already purchased my Thunderbolt External Drive loaded with files, just waiting to plug it into a new iMac!!

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
Curious....uhmm....how exactly could sales increase if people spent lots on BF?:confused:

I think they mean if someone is out shopping and wants to make a big purchase on black friday, they might say "oh, this iMac is beautiful, let's get it" or "this TV is super nice, let's get it" if the iMac isn't available, then obviously they aren't going to think about that and will spend the money on a different big item...

I'm not talking about people like us that already want the new iMac and know it's coming, but "regular" people that might have nothing but a slight interest in getting a new mac but not really sure, but also have other big ticket items in their wish list

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
I think they'll release it next week to avoid the obligatory BF discount. Tuesday perhaps?

Heck, i'd be surprised if they offered a discount on the iPad mini...

I think they're not giving discounts on iPad 4, iPad Mini, and iPhone 5. They very well could roll the iMac into this "no discount" category.

I hope we are able to order the iMac soon, but I have a feeling it'll be some time next week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.