Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JadeGreenGirl

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
This thread is about a year too late. Firefox dropped PowerPC Leopard support in 2011. This is them dropping Intel Leopard support.

You people are obviously ignorant to the facts.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
You people are obviously ignorant to the facts.

It is you who is incorrect in this case. We are aware that PowerPC support has been dropped. This thread pertains to the projects that are porting Intel Firefox code to PowerPC.

Next time, please think a little more about what you post.

JadeGreenGirl

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
It is you who is incorrect in this case. We are aware that PowerPC support has been dropped. This thread pertains to the projects that are porting Intel Firefox code to PowerPC.

Next time, please think a little more about what you post.

From the first post of the thread

"We all knew this was coming but its still sad news that Mozilla is pulling support, (Firstly, I know most of us use tenfourfox) but now that Firefox 17 has stopped supporting 10.5, I take it that updates for browsers based on Firefox running on 10.5 are going to become rarer and rarer

Source: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/17.0/releasenotes/ "

The talk of other options came about because people wrote that they still had Tenfourfox and others. That is all they have had for almost 2 years.

The thread is about what the original post is about, not what you distort it into.

JadeGreenGirl

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
As I said above use Camino, it has most if not all updates from Firefox, recognises as Firefox and is lightweight enough that it doesn't cause overhead issues on slower PPC Macs. The nightly builds are updated regularly

http://caminobrowser.org/download/releases/nightly/

I didn't write the words you quoted at all. That was the original post I was quoting. I think you're confused. You like many others on this forum are just making stuff up and acting like you know something. Although Camino is a good browser it is based on firefox 3.6 and there is nothing newer at all in it other than some of Camino's own options.

All of you that pretend to know things are so engulfed in ignorance that you can never learn anything useful. To be able to learn new things you need an open honest mind in learning mode. Not in pretend to know things mode or invent facts out of thin air mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.