Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Esoom

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Colorado
I'd sooner Apple didn't bundle any buds with their ipods; instead they could take the dollar or so these cost to produce and pack off the price of their devices.

I can see it now "budgate" OMG, super corporation and industry leader doesn't even include earbuds.

mrskb

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Michigan
I have a friend that actually bought a pair of the new Apple headphones :)

I didn't have the heart to tell him they were overpriced...

I actually like the new earbuds so much that I bought a set with the remote!!! I got them 20 percent off at Target. So.... each to his own, I guess!

Coasterfanryan

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2010
Pittsburgh Pa
I wouldn't call it a disaster. It's nice to have all of my media on one device, something I can't do with my 8gig iPhone. I am a fan of the EarPods for lying down and watching Netflix, the external speaker isn't half bad. I haven't tried the loop, being that I can't attach it with my case.
I do have to say, I'm not sure how I feel about the thinness. Having an iPhone 4 and previously a second gen touch, you can't even feel it in your pocket. Makes me a little leery at times. :p

I know this an iOS thing and not just the iPod touch, but I wish the landscape keyboard went edge-to-edge. That's my only gripe I can think of, besides the lack of a ambient sensor.

Esoom

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Colorado
I actually like the new earbuds so much that I bought a set with the remote!!! I got them 20 percent off at Target. So.... each to his own, I guess!

You did get a discount from full retail, and I'm just going from the reviews that suggest some 3rd party options sound better or cost less

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.