Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
UK
Does anybody know whether the iPad Mini is waterproof as I know that Apple's lightning connector is now said to be waterproof and Apple recently took over Liquipel. Also, after a dunk in Squaretrade's tank, it seemed to be working perfectly.
On another note, where are the water sensors in the iPad Mini? Or does it lack them?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No, I don't believe the mini is waterproof. I'd be careful around wet situations, as for the sensors probably in the same areas as the regular iPad

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
UK
Thanks, I will. Actually the lock button on mine went spazzy after installing an invisisheikd with a bit too much of the spray. Back to normal now :)

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
No, I don't believe the mini is waterproof. I'd be careful around wet situations, as for the sensors probably in the same areas as the regular iPad

Agreed. The iPad mini is just like other electronics - it doesn't mix well with water.

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
man if this thing was waterproof you'd know it, thats a huge selling feature and nobody would shut up about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.