Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Really looking forward to this.
I hope they fix Duplicates and Missing Album Art.
Also the should push custom album art to iTunes Match.

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
First, no they don't feel its acceptable, thats why I guarantee that they have teams literally sleeping in the building trying to get it done.

Second, do you think right now with everyone bitching about Maps, they wanted to release a product that they knew needed to be fixed?

Apple is always on a tight rope. Everyone is always willing to bow down and kiss the ring when things go well, but then scream bloody murder when both legitimate and trivial things don't go well.

Lets give them credit where credit is due if this new version rolls out relatively bug free. I'd rather they take their time.

my apologies, you sound like you were working there recently. if so, i hope you're damn right. despite what you say, i still think its bad, and unacceptable, to inform us at the last minute. how about they be more transparent, that would earn my respect more than disappointing us.

zzLZHzz

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Good. They need someone to test their products before they're released.

testing can only be done so little.
the real test comes when real customers use it. the number of applecare representatives isn't that huge to actually report any major bug.

the same reason why hardware products ship with issue.

lethalOne

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto ON
Based on library size

On my Windows 7 PC, it take about 30 seconds for iTunes to load. Has to be one of the worse pieces of software Apple has ever built. I'm crossing my fingers on this "overhaul".

Load time is based on how big - how many entries you have in your library.
Parsing 10,000 song entries and loading some images can take while and a big chunk of memory.

People with low load times, may just have small libraries. I have over 7000 songs plus movies, apps, tv shows. It can take 3 minutes to "check" my library. I understand it can't be much faster - as that's a lot of XML to process.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
The biggest question in my mind is whether Apple will start supporting most of the popular codecs. Back when I used to use iTunes and iOS I spent huge amounts of time converting things into one of the relatively few formats that could be used with the players.

FLAC anyone?

Short answer: no.

You can try this: http://code.google.com/p/flukeformac/ but iTunes must run in 32
Bit mode, and it won't help you on iOS obviously.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Get on with it!!!!!

timtheenchanter.jpg

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Parsing 10,000 song entries and loading some images can take while and a big chunk of memory.

People with low load times, may just have small libraries. I have over 7000 songs plus movies, apps, tv shows. It can take 3 minutes to "check" my library. I understand it can't be much faster - as that's a lot of XML to process.

yeah, i have to remember im pretty much a perfectionist when it comes to my artwork, especially for my videos, all of them have artwork that is in the size regions of atleast 900 pixels. up to 1500 pixels or more.

The Bulge

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Up your ass.

3 TB library here and iTunes starts in a bit more than one bounce. It doesn't load everything at once. Some kind of lazy loading is used.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
If they're in such a rush, why didn't they postpone it to December or January in the first place?

Macs In LA

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
I AM DOWNLOADING iTUNES 11 RIGHT NOW

I just ran Software Update at 10:00 exactly and it is now downloading...

nthn

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2012
It's Here

Hey I am dling iTunes 11 right now. It is there as a part of Software Update. Get it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.