Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ticker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
Quicken Essentials and Quicken 7 for Macs are terribly basic and with them you can't follow your investments etc properly. They are far weaker than the Windows Quicken versions which get regular upgrades. I don't want to use the Windows version on my Mac utilizing Parallels etc. Any idea if Intuit has any plans for a true Mac upgrade? Its mind boggling why Intuit would ignore a growing Mac family this way.

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
Been there, and gave up on it.

I converted to Quicken Premier for Windows. It's the only reason I keep Parallels around, but it works. Quicken for Mac is such a POS crippleware, this will never change.

You can also run Quicken 2012 in Crossover. It has some GUI bugs, but works.

-t

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I switched to iBank http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/ -- there is a bit of a learning curve but I didn't want to buy and install Windows on my Mac.
I tried it, and others, just can't get over putting all of my personal financial data in some web companies cloud. At least with Quicken, it's right here on my HD, backed up and always available to me...even if Quicken goes bankrupt.

FoxFifth

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
I tried it, and others, just can't get over putting all of my personal financial data in some web companies cloud. At least with Quicken, it's right here on my HD, backed up and always available to me...even if Quicken goes bankrupt.

It is not in the cloud (at least it's not if you just use the Mac version -- not sure about the iPad versions or syncing). I use the Mac version and all of the data is on my Mac hard drive and nowhere else.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
It is not in the cloud (at least it's not if you just use the Mac version -- not sure about the iPad versions or syncing). I use the Mac version and all of the data is on my Mac hard drive and nowhere else.
Really? I thought it was one of those web based apps. I tried 3 or 4 maybe a year back, so my recollection must be off. Thanks for correcting me on that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.