Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
This is atrocious.

Just looking at my second iphone 5. First had a small dent in it out the box. Now looking at the new one again I received, it has a small dent in it again near the thunderbolt port.

Do i go and replace this AGAIN ? It's ridiculous. I presume there are no flawless iPhone 5's out there. Granted i've prob got slight OCD and those who say they have a flawless iPhone prob aren't looking hard enough.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
lightening.

"too much" is a relative term. It's up to you as to when you should call it quits and accept it.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Slap on a case and forget about it.
Its not the end of the world and a little tiny nick on the bottom of the charging port will not change a thing.
Its all in your head.
There's more important things in life.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
This is atrocious.

Just looking at my second iphone 5. First had a small dent in it out the box. Now looking at the new one again I received, it has a small dent in it again near the thunderbolt port.

Do i go and replace this AGAIN ? It's ridiculous. I presume there are no flawless iPhone 5's out there. Granted i've prob got slight OCD and those who say they have a flawless iPhone prob aren't looking hard enough.

I presume there are no flawless iPhone 5's out there

they do exist *plays x-files theme*

x-files.gif

magnificent me

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2010
London
I had a replacement for the same reasons. I checked it at the apple store before I came home only to notice there was a scratch in an area which I had a brief glance over. I couldn't be bothered. The lady at the apple store did say the chances of me getting a "better" one was slim..

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
OK, so you spend a lot of money on a phone, and want it to be flawless. Yet, the one you got has a small scratch. It's understandable that you are annoyed and want an exchange. The question is how far you would go.

At the end of the day, one day when you get old and sit around the fire reminiscing your past, do you really want to remember having spent so much time obsessing over a phone?

When you really think about it, what is the point of a flawless phone? If you get one and put a case on it, you will not see the phone in the first place so why does it matter. And if you don't, chances are it's going to scratch, so why obsess over it?

My was perfect the first day I got it, and I think it's flawless. I think if I had a scratch on it when I first opened the box I would be a bit annoyed. But I would like to think that I am OK with it after a day. It's just a physical object and they all will decay and that's life.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Contrary to the thread-starter's belief, there ARE flawless iPhone 5s out there, you were just one of the unlucky ones to end up with one that is scuffed.

If it indeeed bothers you so much and makes you feel super duper uneasy about it, then go and exchange it at the Apple Store for a brand new one. Or if not, you can just put a case on it and forget about it as well.

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
There are flawless iPhones, but do you really need one? An iPhone is only flawless until you touch it. The second that dirty oily, finger of yours makes contact with that device, it's used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.