Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......i want to like it, i just don't like the idea of it being wood.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Definitely has some high workmanship but at 200 dollars I don't feel like buying a case that costs the same as my iPhone - that's just me.

cyberpigg

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Wow, I really like this one. I've been trying to convince myself to get a sector 5 but never believed it would look well with a white iphone 5. I checked out trunket back plates to match the silver/gunmetal color sector 5 but those colors are too dark.

I love this color scheme and the tough part is deciding to pre-order or wait and risk long shipping times.

Apok

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
While it is nice, it sure as hell is not $200 nice. More like $75 nice. I would much rather plonk down $140 for the Sector 5.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Ok, now thats one Element Case that looks nice. Again, $200 is just so unnecessary. They could maximize profit if they made it $100, it would be a killer.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I like it a lot, but with a graphite backed phone (I know...install the brown backplate), I don't know if I like the combination on the black phone (would look awesome on the white, though). If they made this with a black wood, it would be pretty awesome. Don't know about $200 awesome, but great nonetheless. I can't see ever spending more than $100 on a case. Ever. I mean, if I drop my phone and it shatters into a million pieces and the frame gets mangled, it only costs $229 to replace, so it's not exactly worth it for the 'protection' factor. It'd only be for a looks factor, and with the brown/black mix, I don't think it's worth it there. Like I said, for $100, I might be all over it.

apfeljonas

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Germany
I don't know, the shape is a bit too weird for me. Although I love some of their other cases, they are awesome :)...too bad I can only afford Speck cases :/. Though the CandyShell is nice it is nothing compared to these cases or Grove cases.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I like

man, I have to unsubscibe from Element. This is just so tempting. but expensive . . .

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Tempted, but I would be so bummed if the case screwed up GPS like the cases I tried on my iPhone 4. (realizing part is wood part is alloy)

jenlevin

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
Sunny Florida
really tempted by this case. love the design itself, but i wouldnt normally go for wood. wonder if they'll put this out in aluminum. i think i'd pick it up if they made it available with a lighter wood. or if pictures of it on a white phone are really convincing..

cyberpigg

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
i've contacted them for pics of the case w/ a white iPhone either through email or posted on website. Haven't heard back.

Hopefully they'll post something. That would really seal the deal.

VinnyV

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2011
i can say this bumper was made for me! waiting a dang long time for a wood bumper , its not all wood but sexy nonetheless to me , the only thing stopping me is the huge price tag....cant justify spending 200 on this:(

shleif

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Not for me though I do have the Sector 5 FE which I love. Just not a fan of the wood. I wonder how long it will take for the Chinese companies to rip this one off with a counterfeit made out of lead impregnated balsa wood??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.