Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pete2106

Suspended
Dec 7, 2012
I ordered mine on launch day and they are giving 21st December - 2nd January for delivery

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
To be honest they may as well have called it the early 2013 iMac, since they are in pretty short supply and just announced announced in next year in Jan. I was one of the lucky ones and manged to get the last great iMac before Apple purposely flawed it and increased the price. I manage to get mine the day after the announcement,:)

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Meh wanted to go for a new iMac, but this POS doesn't even deserve to be on the market, sacrificing functionality just to stop people upgrading their machines on their own, and to boast that the desktop computer that you never has to move, is now thinner and lighter. Big friggin' deal.

I'm going to hold out for the updated Cinema displays and run them off the rMBP instead.

RonnieSan

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2012
Not really a change

Since today is Friday, the shipping estimates are probably based off Monday. 3-4 weeks from Monday is pretty much January. Rather than update the status every week to say 4-5 weeks, 5-6 weeks, they probably just go by month when it surpasses 4 weeks.

Westacular

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2007
I tried to order mine on Friday, and realized my credit card had expired! I don't use it much. Waiting on my new one and will order asap, but it sucks that I missed my window that would have been likely delivery before 2013.

Not necessarily. I ordered mine (with BTO upgrades) earlier on -- but not launch day -- and it has always listed Jan 2 - Jan 8 as expected delivery time. That's with it still saying "Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks".

From the sounds of other posts here...

I ordered mine on launch day and they are giving 21st December - 2nd January for delivery

Configured mine last night w/ all the bells/whistles minus the super SSD, and it it estimated the shipment to 7-11 Jan.

... even launch day sales weren't guaranteed to arrive before the new year, and this latest change is only an extra one-week slip in schedule (or a two week slip from launch day sales).

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
2013?! Wtf!? By the time your order arrives, the next iMac update will be announced. ;-)

I kid! I kid!. :p

ronwasserman

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Los Angeles
So I go to get a new iMac....not available. Go to get a ipad mini....not available. Stopped at ATT for a iphone 5...not available.

Desperately want a new Mac Pro with a i7 processor, USB3 and TB....not released yet.

I sure hope Apple can get their supply line moving better some day. I know everything is in demand, but this happens over and over again. You'd think they'd have this down by now.

Ed A.

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2007
Southern Connecticut, USA
No, it affects people who are ordering one now.

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not so. I ordered mine the first day they were available and as of last week, the ship date was Dec 14. Today I called the Apple Business Team in Danbury where I ordered it, and they told me it was pushed back until Dec 31 at the earliest. :mad:

aquaboy

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2011
UK
Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not so. I ordered mine the first day they were available and as of last week, the ship date was Dec 14. Today I called the Apple Business Team in Danbury where I ordered it, and they told me it was pushed back until Dec 31 at the earliest. :mad:

That's not looking good. My shipping date has yet to slip. 21st Dec - 3rd Jan

GMCloud27

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2010
Interesting to hear all the changes. Lets hope these extended estimates are just cushions just in case...

I ordered my 27" with Fusion but the 2.9ghz about 3 hours after going on sale (6am CST) and my delivery date hasn't budged: Delivers 12/24-12/31, Ships 12/21

hayesk

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2003
I tried to order mine on Friday, and realized my credit card had expired! I don't use it much. Waiting on my new one and will order asap, but it sucks that I missed my window that would have been likely delivery before 2013.

What kind of ****** credit card company doesn't send you a new one before the old one expires?

Meh wanted to go for a new iMac, but this POS doesn't even deserve to be on the market, sacrificing functionality just to stop people upgrading their machines on their own, and to boast that the desktop computer that you never has to move, is now thinner and lighter. Big friggin' deal.

I'm going to hold out for the updated Cinema displays and run them off the rMBP instead.

That doesn't make sense. There's no difference in upgradeability in the 27" iMac. If you are going to hold out for a Cinema display and run it off your rMBP, then the design of the 27" iMac would be irrelevant, no?

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
What kind of ****** credit card company doesn't send you a new one before the old one expires?

Some people have credit card numbers registered with some company, and when they try to pay for something the card doesn't get accepted because of the old number.

lizardofwoz

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Australia
JANUARY!

I told you so.

Hahahahahahahah

iMac, insanely LATE!

In truth I am sad. I have been waiting patiently for months to replace my steam operated G5 tower from 2004. It is still doing everything it ever did, but most of the new software is out of my reach. As much as I like CS3 I am keen to update it, and - of course - there are the games.

The current MacPro is - to my mind - a dinosaur desperately hanging on and hoping no-one will notice its grey hair and wrinkles, and my requirements can be easily met by the new iMac i7/27. A possible update for the MacPro next year is just vapourware... about as reliable as delivery dates on iMacs.

Jobs was a one-off visionary and we will not see his like again. The current crop of captains steering the Apple ship are barely capable of keeping Apple afloat and we are seeing the beginnings of the decline and fall.

One more Mac for me, then a Dress Circle seat watching the collapse.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008

Yes, because the rMBP is that much more user upgradeable. It's actually less so. At least you can upgrade the RAM yourself on the 27" iMac. You can't on the rMBP.

...this POS doesn't even deserve to be on the market...

And because you disagree with the design choices, you would take away the opportunity for others who do appreciate the design to purchase and enjoy it.

Cry me a river. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

doobybiggs

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2012
can you just order it from the store, or do you have to wait for them to actually get in stock? Like order there and have it shipped out delivered to the store and just pick it up?

I have lots of gift cards I am going to use on the purchase and I cant use them to order online, which blows!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.