Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRyu

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 22, 2010
I'm so tempted to buy iPad Mini now. My country just launch today and the price is freaking affordable, it's cheaper than iPod Touch!

I'm thinking if I buy Mini, will I still use iPad 3? I did try some hands on with Mini. It's something I will carry it with me all the time.

Anyone who own both can give some comments?

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Aside from the screen size/quality difference, you wont have any reason to have 2 devices that do the exact same things. Spend your money elsewhere.

schmidt65

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
I have the 4 and the mini, and find both compliment each other. I use the 4 round the house, or when staying away for 1 or more nights - and use the mini when I'm travelling or commuting. The 3 / 4 always seemed (to me) too large to use when actually travelling - although still a great portable device for when you arrive.

Then again I don't have a laptop (just an iMac) - if I did then I wouldn't see the point of the 3 /4.

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
I would not get the iPad mini if you already have an iPad 3. Unless you are looking for something smaller to carry around.

Which is precisely why I treated myself to a Christmas present. It arrived yesterday. White 16gb wifi and it is just breathtaking gorgeous. I had only seen the black on display at Best Buy and I am so glad I got the white. I have it paired with this stunning case http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009Z7VAR6/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

I spend a lot of waiting room time at dr. appointments for my hubby and the iPad 3 is just too big. The Mini will fit in my purse perfectly!

Had the iPad 3 and the Mini side by side. The Mini screen is bright and gorgeous and although I do see a difference in text, it's not that big a deal, truly.

Now it is wrapped and under the tree awaiting Christmas :)

Last edited:

RichyB

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2010
As far as I'm concerned the mini is way better than the iPad 3 because it does everything that device does but it's lighter and more portable.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
First world problems?? I may actually take a screenshot of this thread and put it on reddit.

So what if it is? People keep saying that yet they're on a forum discussing apple products, a first world product.

Anyways, I too have both an ipad 3 and mini but have found myself using the mini everywhere just because it's so easy to carry around. My ipad 3 hasn't seen much action lately.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
I have both. I use the 3 for reading and the mini for everything else.

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
I own both, but I've noticed that I find myself now only really using the Mini. The GF has the iPad 3. The lack of retina display is much less of an issue than it's been made out to be on here, and I actually find contrast better on the mini, not to mention the convenience of it, size-wise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.