Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drakestan

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2012
I'm quite sure come the end of tomorrow, there will be many who posted in this thread who will be eating Crow

Don't worry, there will be plenty to go around.

While you're still clinging to the old jb'ers, we'll be enjoying our jail broken i5s

Alfuh

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
just by apps... there's no hope for JB future.

Tbh one of the only reasons I still have the iPhone is that I have invested a LOT of money into apps over the 5 years with iOS. I have no problem spending money to get a game or useful productivity tool. I even have money invested in cydia apps

The reason I want to jailbreak is to customize skins, to use sbsettings, to have freedom to use my device how i want. there is a lot more to jail breaking than piracy

Last edited:

Alfuh

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
I haven't seen that video before, but its dated Nov 27th and the purported hacker releasing a JB on the 22nd hasn't released any proof yet. He says he will release a video tomorrow (Wednesday the 12th).

Last edited by a moderator:

BigEm

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
But that's after Dec. 21, the end of the world.. Does it mean we won't have any JB at all? :D

Just kidding..

Just be patient.. It will come out when it comes out.. :D

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Please don't tell me you are suggesting the only reason to jailbreak is to use installous :rolleyes:

.... :mad:..........nope :p

:rolleyes:

customizing...however, it ain't coming out.:apple:

----------

Tbh one of the only reasons I still have the iPhone is that I have invested a LOT of money into apps over the 5 years with iOS. I have no problem spending money to get a game or useful productivity tool. I even have money invested in cydia apps

The reason I want to jailbreak is to customize skins, to use sbsettings, to have freedom to use my device how i want. there is a lot more to jail breaking than piracy

I don't doubt you in anyway. Jb isn't happening anymore. Just buy customizing themes or whatever you are seeking for through app store.

Alfuh

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
I don't doubt you in anyway. Jb isn't happening anymore. Just buy customizing themes or whatever you are seeking for through app store.

Oooh, misunderstood what you were trying to say, sorry about that.

Didn't know there were options for themes in the App Store. I know they won't be close to a JB, but I'll check it out. Thanks
Edit- sigh. Just. A bunch of wallpaper & lock screen apps. Don't know what I was expecting. Hope this vid is legit!

mfbarry

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
this is a fake, i wish it were real, but it's not

for one thing if someone had developed it the first thing you would do is put up proof. It's what I would do. Wouldn't you? Sure, set the release date for the 22...what the hell....but put up proof. He didn't. Because he doesn't have any.
Also he "doubles back" on himself several times in has FAQ. And his modifications. This is a common tactic of low level scammers. His statements are evasive and lack commitment. And its not to protect his skills or technique.
You're just hearing what you want to hear. No offense intended.
It's ********.
Want to know whats really going on with the JB? Follow some of the dev team.

drakestan

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2012
for one thing if someone had developed it the first thing you would do is put up proof. It's what I would do. Wouldn't you? Sure, set the release date for the 22...what the hell....but put up proof. He didn't. Because he doesn't have any.
Also he "doubles back" on himself several times in has FAQ. And his modifications. This is a common tactic of low level scammers. His statements are evasive and lack commitment. And its not to protect his skills or technique.
You're just hearing what you want to hear. No offense intended.
It's ********.
Want to know whats really going on with the JB? Follow some of the dev team.

His "proof" is coming tomorrow. He hasn't done it yet, not because he doesn't have proof, but because he continually says that 12/12 is the proof date. However, it may be hard to determine this when you come into this thinking that no one can make a jb besides the old dev-team who seemingly have given up.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
His "proof" is coming tomorrow. He hasn't done it yet, not because he doesn't have proof, but because he continually says that 12/12 is the proof date. However, it may be hard to determine this when you come into this thinking that no one can make a jb besides the old dev-team who seemingly have given up.

Oh, right, okay. So now we've gone from revealing the proof of on 12/12 to pushing it back every day by another day?

This keeps getting better and better *grabs popcorn*

[/Caring]

Yet you have a JB S4? When I JB my iPad 2 it was as simple as clicking a link on jailbreak.com
So yes it would be easier than editing a video.

He was implying that this guy has no jailbreak. He's simply going to doctor, or EDIT, the video into fooling people it's an authentic jailbreak.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Oooh, misunderstood what you were trying to say, sorry about that.

Didn't know there were options for themes in the App Store. I know they won't be close to a JB, but I'll check it out. Thanks
Edit- sigh. Just. A bunch of wallpaper & lock screen apps. Don't know what I was expecting. Hope this vid is legit!

oh it's okay.. but anyway... I like customizing whatever from JB...but lately..I don't think they'll break it for a while...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.