Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sanra0

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
With Youtube revenue sharing, he will make money off of all the Youtube hits. So even if you go to see the video and it's clearly a fake, he will have made money.

No, about 500 000 visitors will visit his website on 12.22.12. He will post file with survey and he will be earning. Every 1000 visitors is about 20$, so image yourself how many he will earn.:cool:

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
No, about 500 000 visitors will visit his website on 12.22.12. He will post file with survey and he will be earning. Every 1000 visitors is about 20$, so image yourself how many he will earn.:cool:

Are you sure 1000 visitors = $20? That's a lot!!

----------

Also, it looks like the guy is from Israel as per his Youtube profile.

Sanra0

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
I can show you that fake jailbreakers are earning much much money every day (the best even 200$ per day). I can make a website with fake jailbreak with fake name. I add surveys on website and after week I will show you statistic. I'm sure that after week I will earn more than 100$...

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
musclenerd it's a bitch he think that it's the only one that can make it lets hope that montage video

dannyhex

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
NY
JUST WATCHED THE video, doesnt seem fake to me, we will def know by the second video. Hopefully this is legit cant wait to get my real iphone back.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Wrong math there bud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
With all due respect for their previous work, how come they think they would be the only people in the world capable of jailbreaking a device?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
fake it jumped to the homescreen not to the lockscreen, its probably just a preloaded video lol

and its not "real time" look at the bottom of the iPhone around 5:31 its overlapping and chopped

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
With all due respect for their previous work, how come they think they would be the only people in the world capable of jailbreaking a device?

They explain on twitter why it is an obvious fake.

They don't except this guy is just full of bs since the start.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Seems that the egos of the JB communities top players has got in the way of them actually doing what got them to where they are in the first place.

IF this blokes "Dream JB" is indeed legit, then kudos to him, although I am wary of a web exploit.

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
Uhh... it gains musclenerd and chpwn nothing to claim this JB is fake if they honestly believe it's real. Why would they damage their own reputation?

In my opinion, while it is possible this JB could be valid, the major players in the "Scene" are not going to say it's fake just because they didn't come up with it first, their objective is to provide the community with a stable working JB, if someone else came along and provided that you can be certain they would support and applaud the efforts of those involved.

Cassius Rich

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
In all honestly I failed to see this prove anything seeing as nothing was really shown nor was anything done with the Iphone.

Seems like a Bait and Switch at the moment.

For those telling others to suck it, there is still a lot to prove. I am in the wait and see approach. And even if it was proven right, it's not like you did anything.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
its also hilarious that he opened the web "exploid" but didnt actually do anything with that page that loaded

his "cydia app" also isnt aligned correctly with the other apps.

migmx2.png

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
In all honestly I failed to see this prove anything seeing as nothing was really shown nor was anything done with the Iphone.

Seems like a Bait and Switch at the moment.

For those telling others to suck it, there is still a lot to prove. I am in the wait and see approach. And even if it was proven right, it's not like you did anything.

This.

Also, it helps to note that in the last half second of the first video, you see his springboard return with the Cydia app on the first page.

BL.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
In the end I just don't understand why chpwn, Musclenerd, etc, would think it would be impossible for some other person to come and do this jailbreak. Maybe it's fake, maybe not, most probably yes, but still why do they have such a big ego.

Geohot came and did it out of the blue, can't understand why some other person couldn't do it. Sure, they need to be brilliant, but it's possible.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Video is a fake !

Especially after the reboot there is no slide to unlock ! Huge mistake !

The crow is simmering - it is almost ready !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-12 at 6.32.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-12 at 6.32.42 PM.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 170

drakestan

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2012
In the end I just don't understand why chpwn, Musclenerd, etc, would think it would be impossible for some other person to come and do this jailbreak. Maybe it's fake, maybe not, most probably yes, but still why do they have such a big ego.

Geohot came and did it out of the blue, can't understand why some other person couldn't do it. Sure, they need to be brilliant, but it's possible.

Because they don't know what to do, thus they don't think anyone else can do it. They're washed up.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
1.) What's with all the time gaps?
2.) What's with it returning to springboard/page of 1 apps rather than lock screen upon jailbreak?
3.) Why aren't they showing anything other than just the phone?

Again, I'm still very skeptical.

EDIT: Oops, guess the real JB devs beat me to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.