Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
How it is any different than the Windows/Mac ads??

Lack of creativity. I just get tired of Samesongs, well same ol' songs.

Well, Google Maps are not much better in my case.

When I tried to get directions to my work place, which is about 6 minutes by car, I got a location of 731 km on the North side of the country.

When I tried to get directions to the Airport, which is about 70KM, I got an Airport 2 minutes away, in the middle of a river.

I had to report both of these to get them fixed.

In my country, I still prefer Apple Maps because Google Maps looks like about 5 or 6 years old. I can't see most of the building, streets, etc... and Apple Maps shows them.

Your situation is unique. Google Maps for me has never missed the mark.

can't blame Samsung for it... because it's true...till apple fixed it...i hope.

True yes. But Samesong has no creativity. Yea ads are ruthless, but Samesong takes it to a whole new level.

And yes I have a Galaxy Nexux made by Samesong. But I'm not a SamBoy...hehe new word for a Samsung fanboy.

MattJessop

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
Manchester, UK
Let's face it, if Apple had done this to Microsoft, people would be saying 'A great example of why Apple is different from most companies'.

Fair play to Samsung, I actually thought this was quite good.

jmpnop

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
Its funny how fanboys here defend Apple when they did the same with iPhone 4 antennagate:rolleyes:

Last edited:

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Interesting how Samsung openly mocks Apple customers and Apple does nothing about it...

Are you serious? That's all Apples advertising campaigns used to be. Now they are getting a little back and it's not fair?

alfistas

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2012
Helios Prime
That's an old behavior that apple has. They keep their cool.

Can they afford to? Samsung is openly mocking apple USERS.

So it is me who is made fun of for owning an iphone and not the guy next to me with the htc or the nokia...

See the difference?

mtliveson

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Boston, MA
Very ignorant comment.

I agree...too broad of a comment. I personally have had two iphones (3G and 4GS) and two Samsung phones (GS2 and Galaxy nexus). I currently have the nexus and have it just because it is a better fit for my lifestyle. I like different things about both and I feel like most users would say the same thing instead of having a hatred for the other brand.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I dunno if Samsung should be making fun of Apple's mapping, giving their own woes with navigation :

Samsung Galaxy S GPS-gate: two problems, not one (and what to do about it)

On Monday, Apple repaired the Mildura mapping error, and it was discovered that the source information that Apple used from the Australian Gazeteer was inaccurate, which is what led to the issue.

Why does Macrumors report inaccurate information again after it's been pointed out that the Australian Gazeteer has very accurate information ?

Why not stick to facts that Apple wrongly interpreted the Gazeteer information instead of saying the information was inaccurate which is patently false ?

Wow Macrumors, "journalism is dead" uh ?

The Bulge

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Up your ass.
First of all - why do people rely 100% on any navigation systems? Are people just foregoing using common sense? I bet the same people getting "lost" following any gps navigation programs are the same people that believe everything they read on the internet.

Leave them in the woods and they are done. Evolution.

k995

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2010
Funny these comments, a decade of windows vs mac ads : capitalising on percieved windows or ms flaws : brilliant, samsung doing the same with apple : childish . Gotto love how blind people can be when its about there brand they happen to like .

----------

I dunno if Samsung should be making fun of Apple's mapping, giving their own woes with navigation :

Why does Macrumors report inaccurate information again after it's been pointed out that the Australian Gazeteer has very accurate information ?

Why not stick to facts that Apple wrongly interpreted the Gazeteer information instead of saying the information was inaccurate which is patently false ?

You think a fanboy website is journalism ?

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
There is heated competition and then there is just childish crap. Samsung is behaving like a spoiled two year old brat and I am glad Apple is moving components production away from that company. I was stunned that they were building for Apple anyway. I've never owned a Samsung product that was worth taking out of the box.

Some of you guys act like Apple is a family member. Childish? I don't think you guys understand that these are companies, and care about money foremost. You've been trained well by Apple's marketing to be so loyal to a multi-bilion dollar company.

lixuelai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
It is pretty effective. Cellphone is arguably your most trusted electronic device and Samsung is basically saying the iOS devices are not to be trusted (kind of true).

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
At least Apple would never resort to childish tactics, like auto resizing pages to cover up court ordered information...

Nope... :rolleyes::apple:

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010

Yeah, let's quote 2 year old articles :rolleyes:

alfistas

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2012
Helios Prime
Are you serious? That's all Apples advertising campaigns used to be. Now they are getting a little back and it's not fair?

Fairness has nothing to do with it. When you're in a fight, you fight to win. There are no breaks, no intermissions, no grace periods. Apple seems to have become complaisant OR they quietly agree with Samsung that their products are in fact inferior and that their USERS are the fools portrayed in Samsung's ads.

Wuiffi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
That's a 3rd party navigation app. It's built in to google maps on android, just like it is built into Apple maps.

Yes it is a 3rd party navigation app that is available on android and iOS. And it's the navigation Samsung uses in the ad.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
You think a fanboy website is journalism ?

I don't think of Macrumors as a fanboy website. I think of it as a tech blog for users interested in rumors about Apple. However, no I wouldn't stretch it to journalism, but really, a certain form of at least respecting proper facts when presented is an expectation I have.

The editing staff at MR are usually more careful about presenting factual information than they have shown to be here for some reason.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
Lack of creativity. I just get tired of Samesongs, well same ol' songs.

Your situation is unique. Google Maps for me has never missed the mark.

True yes. But Samesong has no creativity. Yea ads are ruthless, but Samesong takes it to a whole new level.

And yes I have a Galaxy Nexux made by Samesong. But I'm not a SamBoy...hehe new word for a Samsung fanboy.

A guy who repeats Samesong so many times in such a short post shouldn't be talking about creativity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.