Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rvinther

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
Denmark
Anyone with the 680mx got shipping?

I was just wondering if anyone got their new imac with 680mx on their way?

If you do are you by any chance from DK and please inform me of when you got your confirmation e-mail.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Would be nice to have the 20 or 21st instead of the 27th.:)

Ekuk

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2012
Mine has shipped delivery by the 20th. I7 680 3tb fusion. Uk Order, confirmation by 08:30 on 30/11 was down for delivery 27th prior to shipping.

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
Spain here!! Preparing for Shipment!! the delivery is still 2-3 Jan like the first day when i placed the order.

Damn!!! this is crazy, i have 26th DEC to 2nd JAN, but its still processing!!!:cool: how can this be, this is totally random packaging, there is no way the orders are moving as per our order dates (as someone here said when talked to apple).

I am glad for you though, maybe mind will join ou tomorrow and will ship together :D

SwagTech

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Just received my shipping confirmation :)

Ordered this 27" iMac on Nov 30th through the German Apple store with education discount, received confirmation-mail on 9:40 (UK: 8:40)

bildschirmfoto2012-12jkriq.png

Should arrive on or before December 21st - can't wait :)

Kirk

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Norway
What if they assign the orders before they get built? Then the early orders that is still processing will be the ones that did not cut it in the build. Would be a crazy way to do it though . . . :confused:

psybear

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2012
Woohoo.

Mine has shipped too. Gone from 28-31 December slot to 21st December. Happy Christmas to me. Based Northern Ireland. :D

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
I should just stop checking this thread; it is making me extremely annoyed that being first in the queue seems to count for nothing.

MightyWhite

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2012
Oxford UK
It is crazy the effort we all put in..

Refresh apple imac page until we can finally order

Check our order constantly for changes

Then once shipped keep refreshing ups page to see if its there yet...

Wish I just accepted the 21st - 02nd delivery as read then just have the 20th as a surprise lol..

It is tiring

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
I'm getting paranoid. Not sure if I'm amongst "the 5 people who still have theirs in processing", or most people do and just are too pissed off/jealous to mention it. ^_^

Phils01

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
12% for desktops and 14% for laptops actually. But if anyone has been able to get 16% off on Higher Education discount, please share it so we can all know

It looks like I got a 12% Discount on my 27" i5 BTO with the HE Discount

vannibombonato

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2007
Guys,
i think we should all chill down:

1- Shipment timings could be affected by the type of configuration chosen. There are hundreds of possible combinations, and this can easily have an impact on an industry-scale production.

2- Apple is for sure doing their best in respecting the first-come first-served principle, they're not stupid, it's very likely there are some valid supply-chain / stocks issues we don't and can't see that affect the different shipping times. Just to make one of the possible examples, probably the imacs are currently assembled in different locations, and were allocated to the different production facilities based on estimated production capabilities. If facility X is over-delivering vs. estimates who was assigned to that facility is getting faster shipping times, if facility Y is under-performing vs. estimates the people assigned to that facility are getting the bad side. Anyone who has worked in mass-production can understand that it would be virtually impossible to re-allocate in real-time based on actual production throughput.

3- Net, chill-out. Some of us are getting good unexpected news, other are as of now simply getting what it was promised, no reason yet to get upset. Let's just cheers for the lucky ones! Just remember when we were childs...the more you wait the better it is later!

4- I would worry more about potential issues that a last-minute production like this can bring in a 1st gen product. Apple care all the way on this one...i'm honestly a bit worried on having such a complicated production being sorted out in several different facilities. I trust Apple but mass-producing something like an iMac requires a solid supply chain in place, and the way it looks to me as of know is things are being a little too much on the "last-minute-solve-the-problem" side. Not good for reliability.

We'll see.

Phils01

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
That's what I thought. You also get around £100 worth of extended warranty as well so pushing up to close to 17-18% if you put a monetary value on it.

Yea your right - I got the 3yrs AppleCare plus paid the extra for the 3yr telephone support - in total I got just over 16% off the total price

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.