Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacPro23

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
For the past two months, people were complaining that my microphone on the iPhone 5 was cutting in and out. Also, I keep having Wi-Fi/LTE problems, where all of sudden the internet stops working and I have to toggle Airplane mode to get it to work. I tried restoring it, but the problem persists. I finally had enough and decided I'm gonna bring it in to Apple.

The only question I have is that a have a scuff on the aluminium band on the side and a slight scratch on the back. Will Apple still replace my iPhone even with the scuff mark? Also, when I go to the Genius appointment, do I tell them the problem and ask for a replacement?

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
If you are really having these issues then just explain your problems to the genius. They probably wouldn't care about the scuff marks.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
For the past two months, people were complaining that my microphone on the iPhone 5 was cutting in and out. Also, I keep having Wi-Fi/LTE problems, where all of sudden the internet stops working and I have to toggle Airplane mode to get it to work. I tried restoring it, but the problem persists. I finally had enough and decided I'm gonna bring it in to Apple.

The only question I have is that a have a scuff on the aluminium band on the side and a slight scratch on the back. Will Apple still replace my iPhone even with the scuff mark? Also, when I go to the Genius appointment, do I tell them the problem and ask for a replacement?

No, just hand them the phone and don't say anything.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Make an appointment with the genius bar, tell them what the problem is. they will look at it, analyze it and tell you what they can do for you. Either they replace it for free or they ask for a repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.