Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
Read everyone's gripes below.

I'll stick to 10.7 thank you very much.

No reason to update just because Apple tells you to.

They sometimes totally break a feature.

Look at maps

I know how you feel. I'm not going to buy a new car until they bring back the crank on the front for starting the contraption. Damn that Boss Kettering and his newfangled electric starter!!

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
"Unable to connect to iTunes in the Cloud. A communication error has occurred. iTunes will try to connect again soon."

Anyone else but me enjoying this lovely new "feature?" :mad:

Yep same here and still getting weird iTunes store issues especially with mouse sliding back to previous page. Seems like they created more glitches rather than fixing the problem.:mad:

jamesnajera

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2003
Does this fix adding movies and them not showing in the library?

I think I know what you are talking about. I saw this same issue, it turned out the movies were being added with the "home video" attribute. Switch it to "Movie" and you will see it. To switch the attribute, I had to switch the itunes view to list to see the movie in iTunes. Once I saw the movie I opened its properties found the tab with "Home Video" in a drop down menu.

MacFoodPoisoner

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
Wasn't Apple originally delaying iTunes 11 till December ? Maybe they should have, and used that time to "fix" searches and add these to version 11, then there wouldn't NEED to be a 11.0.1 soo quickly.

Their software development has become a big embarrassment.

As much as I don't particularly like ms nor google they are both currently running circles around them.

Even more embarrassing is the fact that while google and ms have to support a gazillion of configurations in tablets and pcs respectively, apple only has a few configurations of idevices and macs to support as they continue to aggressively force obsolete most of them.

faizoff

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I can't help wondering.. how is coverflow convenient for you?

I found it completely and entirely useless. It is far faster to simply type in an artist name or song name to find what I'm looking for than to flip through a book on screen.

Your collection must either be very small, or you must have an unusual way of filing your music mentally that makes coverflow an easy way to find it...

I don't know I can't really explain the way I browse through music on itunes. I'm sure there are more easier, faster, better and more organized ways of doing it. Since I use itunes only for synching with my iphone, I look through the covers to make sure the music I want on my phone is there in the library. And sometimes just flipping through the covers reminds me what I want to listen on the phone elsewhere.

Last edited:

9suffix

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2008
Mixed Album Genre Bug?

I guess I'm the only one who uses Genre? ;) . I reported this to Apple hoping it would be fixed, but it's still wonky.

For Albums with tracks of different Genres, when you select the Genre represented by Track 1 the Ablum is sorted correctly. When you select one of the other Genres from that Ablum iTunes sorts the Album out of order either at the beginning or end of that Genre's listing.

JP

IzzyJG99

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
Interesting. I decided on a whim to try something. I upgraded to 10.7 iTunes from 10.6.3. and then upgraded 10.7 to 11.0.1. No asking for permission for incoming connections.

So, me thinks that you need 10.7 pre-installed and setup to avoid that bug if you opt to go to iTunes 11.0.1.

Or maybe they fixed the bug in .0.1.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
That was weird.

I tried to sync my iPhone tonight with the new version of iTunes. The sync failed, and my phone only had 6 songs on it. (It had over 5000 before).

I tried to sync again, still 6 songs. I had to uncheck "Sync music", sync to remove everything, then re-check it and sync all 5000 of my songs back to the phone.

Anyone have this happen before? Wondering if it's a new bug. It's annoying as hell because syncing my entire song library takes a long time and it would suck for this to occur right before I have to go!

IzzyJG99

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
That was weird.

I tried to sync my iPhone tonight with the new version of iTunes. The sync failed, and my phone only had 6 songs on it. (It had over 5000 before).

I tried to sync again, still 6 songs. I had to uncheck "Sync music", sync to remove everything, then re-check it and sync all 5000 of my songs back to the phone.

Anyone have this happen before? Wondering if it's a new bug. It's annoying as hell because syncing my entire song library takes a long time and it would suck for this to occur right before I have to go!

That's a bug that's been around for a while. From time to time I have to uncheck sync wirelessly and then plug my device in and recheck sync wirelessly for it to show up in iTunes. I think certain preferences get lost in iTunes a lot.

amps211

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2003
Well they have fixed two bugs I noticed.

When using column browser, selections were not preserved when switching between Music and other libraries.

Songs can be added to playlists more than once.

The column browser bug is super annoying. I'd be happy if they just fix that.

somethingelsefl

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Tampa, FL
I'd really love Apple to introduce iTunes to the Mac Notification Centre in OS X 10.8.x

Using Notification Centre to pop-up "notifications" for upcoming tracks, and to allow a user to manage functionality of the iTunes player from there, seems so logical I'm struggling to understand why they didn't do it.

I definitely agree. For years I had been using Growl notifications for iTunes and Spotify. It would be so convenient to see Notification Center integration, especially since Growl is becoming even more obsolete (even with Hiss).

Next stop: Apple feedback page: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

davydavy

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2011
I can't help wondering.. how is coverflow convenient for you?

I found it completely and entirely useless. It is far faster to simply type in an artist name or song name to find what I'm looking for than to flip through a book on screen.

Your collection must either be very small, or you must have an unusual way of filing your music mentally that makes coverflow an easy way to find it...

I can maybe explain that because I use coverflow every day. Coverflow is used in what is now Songs view as an effcient way to catalog my music with the right artwork. I can see at a glance that it is right for all selected songs and it is nicer to look at than just a screen of text. When it comes to navigation, I agree with you that it is easiest to type the artist name rather than swipe through album covers. For me that is not important because I don't use iTunes for playback (I beam it over to a SqueezeBox instead). I have many records and CDs and to me the artwork is part of the album.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Their software development has become a big embarrassment.

As much as I don't particularly like ms nor google they are both currently running circles around them.

Even more embarrassing is the fact that while google and ms have to support a gazillion of configurations in tablets and pcs respectively, apple only has a few configurations of idevices and macs to support as they continue to aggressively force obsolete most of them.

If only more of the sheep realized the Apple agenda in the highlighted text...

Is "force obsolete" a chord on the Apple keyboard? Or is just something that Cupertino presses when they need higher hardware sales this quarter?

Last edited:

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
dude, I wish we can customize the color of the itunes icon....HELL YAH

----------

I am waiting for 10.8.3 for the Mac Mini - HDMI issues.

do not care about iTunes ... very frustrating.

Did you leave plenty of FEEDBACKS?

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
iTunes/iPhoto/etc should all have NAS support. I really want to store my library on a remote drive instead of on my computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.