Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have a case

• Yes, I want protection and no scuffs

Votes: 78 57.4%
  • No, I like my phones nice and slim

Votes: 58 42.6%

• Total voters

cruzmisl

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
I bought 4 different cases so far, and I like the Zoogue case the best, by far.

It's plastic, but not the hard clicky type, and also not like the dust-attracting silicone.

It barely adds any thickness to the phone, and the ridges on the side give it great grip in all use cases.

No complaints with this case, though I wish there was a clear one.

Ubele

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2008
Can anyone recommend a good iPhone 5 case that has a strap or lanyard option? I'm about to upgrade from an iPhone 4. I love using my iPhone's camera when I'm out and about, but I get really nervous when, for instance, I'm leaning over a bridge railing on a windy day, taking pictures of the river. One slip, and my iPhone would go to a watery grave.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
In the house I don't use a case. However when I leave my house I use a gear 4 tread case to and have a screen protector too.

rshroff2

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, IL
One of the main reasons I chose the iPhone 5 over an android device was that it was made with quality materials, aluminum and glass, with no plastic to be found. I wouldn't want to put a plastic case on my iPhone 5, but I could see why some want to. If you're prone to dropping your devices, then yeah protect them with a case. I bought AppleCare + with my iPhone 5 so that negates the need to buy a case since I can just get it replaced by apple if anything happens to it. I want to enjoy the phone not wrap it in plastic and have it covered until the next one comes out. It's thinner and lighter than the last one and by putting a case, you thicken it and make it heavier. But to each, his own.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Ordered a couple of Elago S5 Slimfit - with a soft touch type finish, rear logo cutout.

We have Elago Sliders on our 4/4S, love them. Great quality, perfect cutouts, goo coverage without adding a ton of bulk. Same soft touch finish, plus we've got mixed lower bumpers which is pretty fun.

These provide a little less coverage, but I *believe* with the Slimfit on the 4, the sides don't extend past the glass (so face down the glass would contact on a flat surface). The model for the 5 has a 0.5mm extension past the glass.

I'll post some pics up when they come in on Wed. :)

ApoorvPrem

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2011
India
I use a Incipio DualPro Shine case . It has a brushed aluminium finish at the back and is a hybrid case- silicon inside hard polycarbonate shell . Looks great and protects well too:D .
:apple:

stoneland

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
I have a Speck case on it, like I did on my iPhone 4. I need a case on this one because it just feels too thin to me without a case. I like the heft that the case adds.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Got a thin snap on case that would protect the back from scrapes, but I didn't like how thick it felt (still thinner than the 4S lol) and the extra weight. I love the feel of it naked so I've taken it off for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.