Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M-B-P

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2010
Hey,

My family and I are traveling oversees tomorrow and we need to unlock 4 (four) iPhone 5.

I have done some research online and thus far have found mostly scam websites. I have found a few seemingly reputable ebay sellers such as "unlock_fusion" but the problem is that they won't accept buyer's with no buyer rating and I have never brought anything from ebay.
Has anyone here with no buyer rating successfully purchased an unlock code from "unlock_fusion" or any other seller that requires a buyer rating?

Can someone provide me with any other alternatives? We are traveling tomorrow and need to have these iPhones unlocked to use them oversees.

Please help if you can, it will be greatly appreciated.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
I Bought with no ratings. You should have no issues as long as you follow the instructions.

Hey,

My family and I are traveling oversees tomorrow and we need to unlock 4 (four) iPhone 5.

I have done some research online and thus far have found mostly scam websites. I have found a few seemingly reputable ebay sellers such as "unlock_fusion" but the problem is that they won't accept buyer's with no buyer rating and I have never brought anything from ebay.
Has anyone here with no buyer rating successfully purchased an unlock code from "unlock_fusion" or any other seller that requires a buyer rating?

Can someone provide me with any other alternatives? We are traveling tomorrow and need to have these iPhones unlocked to use them oversees.

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
Find a family member or friend who has a buyer's rating and ask them to buy the unlocks for you. Just supply them with the ESN numbers and the money. Easy as pie. :D

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Hey,

Purchase the unlock as a "guest" and you should be good to, like stated above.

M-B-P

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2010
Update

Just an update.

I went along with http://www.negrielectronics.com/ and they charged about $10/unlock.

They were available for help and responsive to emails. I did indeed have my phone unlocked within 24 hours. Just make sure to check your spam folder if you don't see any instructions in your inbox.

Also, I didn't even need to do a backup/system restore to get the foreign sim to work, so that was also a plus. So I would recommend them to someone who needs their sims unlocked by a reputable company.

mfilova

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
NY, USA
Hey,

Hi bro, What is your original carrier that your device is locked to ?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.