Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micke1967

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
Hi I just got Itunes updated to v11...but cant find coverflow anywhere??
is it gone or is it just me??
best regards micke1967:eek:

micke1967

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
thats really sad news...how where Apple thinking since coverflow was almost the very reason for having Itunes since its just so cool...and stylish...
that makes me sad very sad indeed...
thanks for the reply though.
best regards micke:(

ToddJ

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Hopefully someone will make a plug-in again for it (thats how it originally started.)

D*I*S_Frontman

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2002
Appleton,WI
I don't like the "expanded" view, particularly the way it dissolves the edges of the album color art into whatever background color the program decides to use for the track list. Ugly. Don't mess with my album cover art when displaying it.

I know the bleeding-edge snarkies will consider this a backward and Philistine reaction, but I absolutely prefer Coverflow to this "updated" look. It was only indirectly a visual analog to flipping through a stack of LPs and shouldn't be swept away from Apple design for fear of overt "skeuomorphism" (or whatever you call it).

Love Coverflow. Please bring it back as an option, Apple?

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Do not miss coverflow, but i can see why some like it and it could be added back as a view option.

I do like the new expanded view for music, however for tv shows i do not like how it is done with different seasons.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I don't miss it. I can see why it has that 'analogue' appeal to it, but to me it's just cumbersome.

I hope the follow through with getting rid of it in iOS as well. Drives me nuts when it switches in landscape.

davydavy

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2011
I don't miss it. I can see why it has that 'analogue' appeal to it, but to me it's just cumbersome.

I hope the follow through with getting rid of it in iOS as well. Drives me nuts when it switches in landscape.

I use it every day in what is now Songs view - without album cover flow it looks and feels like a spreadsheet!

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
I don't like the "expanded" view, particularly the way it dissolves the edges of the album color art into whatever background color the program decides to use for the track list. Ugly. Don't mess with my album cover art when displaying it.

You can remove that, it's an option in settings.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
I know the bleeding-edge snarkies will consider this a backward and Philistine reaction, but I absolutely prefer Coverflow to this "updated" look. It was only indirectly a visual analog to flipping through a stack of LPs and shouldn't be swept away from Apple design for fear of overt "skeuomorphism" (or whatever you call it).

Love Coverflow. Please bring it back as an option, Apple?

I agree that it should return, but wanted to point out that Coverflow is not a skeuomorph, since it has distinct utility beyond any visual reference to a physical object.

dcnblues

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
Apple is trying as hard as possible to push me to Linux. It's the only explanation. I am so pissed off right now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.