Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
do you know the differences between the normal and X versions? it looks like a cost which i'm ok with but there must be a benefit surely? guessing the same applies for the iphone version too?

Not sure about the difference with the iPhone version but the Mac version makes use of Full Screen instead of a window and a few gesture controls

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I have Swackett, but I'm looking for an app that shows the temp in bar. Any good ones?
I've used Wx for years. It's has a temp display in the app bar as well as being a good all around accurate weather app.

NewishMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2007
I've found MenuWeather to provide the best combination of UI, information, accuracy, feature set, price, and looks for Mac OS. Weather HD runs second, mostly because its pricier with less information / fewer features, but prettier.

For iOS I would love to use MenuWeather as well, but the UI is a bit awkward, the icon is terrible, and (more importantly) the developer hasn't added badge notification yet, which is just too useful to forego. So instead I use Fahrenheit or Weather Live.

---

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.