Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delighted

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
Bought my iPhone 5 last week. Love it, cannot not put it down, and simply said I just really enjoy it. I play a lot of games while commuting to work and one game I started playing is Fun Run. I noticed that when I play it I do use slightly more pressure on the screen to activate the power ups. When I activate the power ups, this is when I noticed that my screen is ghosting on the sides. I dug out my 4s to try and apply pressure on it, but did not have any ghosting. This led me to believe that maybe it is an iPhone 5 issue.

I made some google searches and found a video of a guy demonstrating his iphone 5 ghosting terribly, fortunately mine is not as bad. So I just would like to know if everyone's iphone 5 ghosting on the sides(only visible with dark backgrounds) or is it just my iPhone?

If it's just my iPhone I will assume I got a lemon and will go in to exchange a new one. If everyone's iphone is ghosting on the side then I will just live with it.

Thanks.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Bought my iPhone 5 last week. Love it, cannot not put it down, and simply said I just really enjoy it. I play a lot of games while commuting to work and one game I started playing is Fun Run. I noticed that when I play it I do use slightly more pressure on the screen to activate the power ups. When I activate the power ups, this is when I noticed that my screen is ghosting on the sides. I dug out my 4s to try and apply pressure on it, but did not have any ghosting. This led me to believe that maybe it is an iPhone 5 issue.

I made some google searches and found a video of a guy demonstrating his iphone 5 ghosting terribly, fortunately mine is not as bad. So I just would like to know if everyone's iphone 5 ghosting on the sides(only visible with dark backgrounds) or is it just my iPhone?

If it's just my iPhone I will assume I got a lemon and will go in to exchange a new one. If everyone's iphone is ghosting on the side then I will just live with it.

Thanks.

I noticed the AT&T store demo did this pretty badly, but that's to be expected. My iPhone 5 doesn't do this, but I'm not willing to press down super hard to find out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.