Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tboyd37

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
brownsville pa
just wondering..

i recently upgraded to the iphone 5.. i traded in a black 16gb iphone 4 back to my carrier(verizon).. the phone was in almost perfect condition except the back had a small crack on the lower corner.. i waited & got several quotes & finally upgraded to the iphone 5 a few weeks ago & was offered & accepted a $120 trade in value.. just wondering if that was the best deal.. are they going for more or less now?? or should i have waited to see what they would have offered a few months now?? thoughts.. also just wondering u guys on different carriers.. you getting any better prices from your other carriers(at&t sprint etc) comments please??

:apple:

Last edited:

tboyd37

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
brownsville pa
not on the screen itself.. the back on the lower corner had a small crack was still fully functional(although i think the a4 chip was starting to see the end of its life) it was dragging in everything & in the end was starting to drop calls occasionally(i blame that on verizon tho my signal isn't the greatest where i live)

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
You may have been able to make a tad more if you sold it to someone directly, but not much. $120 along with the added convenience that after you trade the phone it's out of your hair seems pretty fair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.