Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Ok, I've been an iPhone owner for years, and have owned an android tablet for the past year and a half, and despite running stock ICS, I've been getting annoyed with that. I finally got fed up and asked for the ipad mini for Christmas, and two days in, I love it.

None of the annoyances I had from Android (odd lags, few tablet apps), and just speed and polish. Perfect size for me too. Sorry - just had to post.

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Ok, I've been an iPhone owner for years, and have owned an android tablet for the past year and a half, and despite running stock ICS, I've been getting annoyed with that. I finally got fed up and asked for the ipad mini for Christmas, and two days in, I love it.

None of the annoyances I had from Android (odd lags, few tablet apps), and just speed and polish. Perfect size for me too. Sorry - just had to post.

Great to hear! I love my iPad too.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
I know a lot of people that got them for Xmas and those that didn't are keen on picking up a mini sometimes next year...me included.

Awakener

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2011
Count me in for iPad Mini with retina next year. Can't love this one, maybe tolerate it.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2009
There's just something about the mini. I ordered a 16GB white one today, and cannot wait for it to come in! It may not have a retina display, but it's size/weight is PERFECT and it runs cool at all times, which is a plus.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
would it be redundant to get ipad mini if i have an ipad 2?

All the talk in here just make me want to try one now. To offset my gaming from the Ipad because 16G is not enough. Get another mini 16G so my original Ipad can be use for video and web browsing only.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

You are smitten. Love takes longer than two days.

Are you losing sleep, carrying it everwhere you go, using it when you have other things to do and your heart races everything you touch it, etc. etc. That is closer to love. :)

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH

Are you losing sleep, carrying it everwhere you go, using it when you have other things to do and your heart races everything you touch it, etc. etc. That is closer to love. :)

I save those emotions for my wife, rather than gadgets. :D. Gadget love is a little less serious.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Congratulations to all who received new minis for Christmas. I'm an iPad 4 fan, but can see the appeal of the form factor of the mini. Enjoy!

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010

That's called infatuation.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
Im glad you like it!

I'm waiting until march hoping and praying for the retina version. Maybe they'll make a 128gb version of it too. That would be AWESOME, because then it would match the rumored 128gb iphone that comes out. Even though I use dropbox for my movies and pictures these days, it'd be nice to have a more robust music collection [non dependent of Spotify].

Wayne s

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2007
UK
Got my 9 year old son one for Christmas and he is over the moon with it, much more comfortable for him him to use. I also like it a lot and may have to get one for myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.