Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petey2133

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
So I set up my time capsule tonight, and about a few days ago I reset my computer to have a fresh start. So it did the 26 gig sized back up. During this I decided to partition the TC so I can just store all my .NEF files for photography that take up a bunch of random space on my MB PRO HD.

I also did my wifes MB PRO no issue.

Now When I do my back up, it is trying to force the backup on my Partitioned drive and make me do the initial backup again. I dont want this.

I want it to do the top one not the bottom. When I go to select a drive, two are available, (says remove disk or use this disk) so I can remove and use and to no prevale.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? I attached a picture of what I am talking about below.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
This can happen when users partition the TC...I think the best option for you is a little messy but...

1) Copy all the data OFF the partition you created on the TC.

2) Remove / Merge that partition.

3) Backup

4) If you really need to re-create that partition, the time to do it is after the backup is complete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.