Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
i had a scuff out of the box and they wouldnt let me enchange it???

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
Because to them (Apple) a scuff out of the box is "normal wear and tear". Or at least according to one Mr. Phil Schiller.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
Maybe you should read what he said. He said "exchange" not return.

I'm pretty sure he wants to return the iPhone 5 he has now that was scuffed out of the box for a new one of the same model and GB size. Return, exchange, whatever. They said no. He should contact Apple in one way or another. Forget Best Buy.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I'm pretty sure he wants to return the iPhone 5 he has now that was scuffed out of the box for a new one of the same model and GB size. Return, exchange, whatever. They said no. He should contact Apple in one way or another. Forget Best Buy.

If he wants a replacement then make an appointment at the Apple store. If he wants to return it then return it at best buy. Don't know why someone like you that hates Apple so much waste so much time on the iPhone forums.

S

syd430

This is why you should always inspect these devices when you are still in the store.

How are they supposed to know that you didn't cause it yourself when you got home?

There has been threads here where people dropped their phones causing scuffs and then asked if they should go back to the apple store and tell them that it came like that. Yes there is a lot of dishonest people out there (no saying that you are), but you really can't blame them (bestbuy).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.