Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SachaMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Hey guys, I just sold and shipped my iPad 2. It was jailbroken on 5.1 and I restored it to factory default and updated it to iOS 6.
I deleted my email/itunes account from the device after setting it up as new.
Is there anything I missed or should have done? Could they recover anything?
I had a few financial apps on the device and I'm just making sure the device was like brand new when I sent it off. Please give me peace of mind! haha.

SachaMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
How much did you get for it?

Well, I listed it on Amazon for $340.. but thats because I wanted to sell it immediately. I probably could have listed it for $350-360 because it was in "very good" condition.
All in all after Amazons fee's I made around 320. (or lost around 180 if you think that way, haha!)
It was a baselin wifi in white.

----------

You'll be fine, don't worry!

I sure hope so. And while you're here, haha.. Do you think the new iPods are worth the $300?

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Hey guys, I just sold and shipped my iPad 2. It was jailbroken on 5.1 and I restored it to factory default and updated it to iOS 6.
I deleted my email/itunes account from the device after setting it up as new.
Is there anything I missed or should have done? Could they recover anything?
I had a few financial apps on the device and I'm just making sure the device was like brand new when I sent it off. Please give me peace of mind! haha.

One thing you may want to check is your Apple Support Profile. If your device is still listed as yours you'll need to go to this site and remove it from your profile. That way, when they set up their new iPad, they won't get a message stating that it needs to be setup with another user's account.

S

syd430

For next time...

Settings -> erase all content and settings. That's it. Don't bother with the other stuff or setting up the device again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.