Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
I am interested in buying a Macintosh 512ke and have found a one for €220 including mouse and keyboard, necessary cables and a system 1.1 disk with macwrite. Everything is in working order. It has some very slight discolouration and a few minor scratches but looks great. Should I go for it?

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
Are there any more?
How bad do you want it?
How often do you see them?

... if you answer "no", "€220 worth" and "hardly to never", then you better snap it up. .. or sit and wait a few days and offer less. If it goes fast..

Seeing as I have few of them here, if someone showed up on my doorstep offering $300 US for one, that's close to tempting. They are not that horribly un-common here.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Are there any more?
How bad do you want it?
How often do you see them?

... if you answer "no", "€220 worth" and "hardly to never", then you better snap it up. .. or sit and wait a few days and offer less. If it goes fast..

Seeing as I have few of them here, if someone showed up on my doorstep offering $300 US for one, that's close to tempting. They are not that horribly un-common here.

Thanks for the info, although at this point I've bought it already and can't wait for it to arrive. :D

There are 2 or 3 more on ebay right now, all offering less for 3 times the price so I'm glad I got it when I did!

Living in Ireland, I'm afraid not many could really afford a computer back in those days so your lucky to find other people with modern Macs around here, even though we used to manufacture them for the whole of Europe! :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.