Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Reheating espresso!!!!???? AARRGGGHHHH!!!:eek:

Actually, since I'm too lazy to cook, if it were not for my microwave I'd starve to death...

(thus relieving those few masochists who read my posts from that burden.)

Too lazy to cook?! This is a surprise considering the amount of steps you take to get a really great cup of espresso! :D What you need to do is find a wife who loves to cook and loves coffee. The two of you will probably live happily ever after. ;)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Too lazy to cook?! This is a surprise considering the amount of steps you take to get a really great cup of espresso! :D What you need to do is find a wife who loves to cook and loves coffee. The two of you will probably live happily ever after. ;)

I'm willing to go through an insane amount of crap (roasting coffee, clean up...grinding coffee, clean up...pre-heat espresso machine, cooling flush, tamping coffee, pulling shots...clean up...weekly maintenance of all the stuff...and cleaning up) for 2 1/2 ounces of coffee.

But boiling an egg...not happening!!

As far as finding a woman who loves to cook and loves coffee...the only problem is she has to put up with me.

An insoluble complication!!! :p

:D

Pamani

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
California
Just ordered this
41BDlvWfRAL._SY450_.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm willing to go through an insane amount of crap (roasting coffee, clean up...grinding coffee, clean up...pre-heat espresso machine, cooling flush, tamping coffee, pulling shots...clean up...weekly maintenance of all the stuff...and cleaning up) for 2 1/2 ounces of coffee.

As far as finding a woman who loves to cook and loves coffee...the only problem is she has to put up with me.

I lol'ed!

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8

I have came across a few of your posts in other threads and I have never came across someone as obsessed with coffee as you :). I have been thinking of starting to drink it myself by just using ground coffee in a cafetiere. A decent way to start?

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Turtle Beach PX5's. I hated the DPX21's I had before. The cups were too small and the cables were just atrocious. I'm hoping these are better.

4EAB0874-4E02-4A91-86FC-CDFEB34B4289-2716-000002AFC4244F98.jpg

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I have came across a few of your posts in other threads and I have never came across someone as obsessed with coffee as you :). I have been thinking of starting to drink it myself by just using ground coffee in a cafetiere. A decent way to start?

I am truly around the bend about coffee. But I'm a total ignoramus and lightweight dilettante compared to some of the folks on on the coffee focused forums, which I avoid (usually) for fear of going further around the bend.

To be honest, I was unfamiliar with the word "cafetiere". Looking it up, I discovered it refers to what I know as a press, or french press. The only advice I can give you is two points...first, make sure the pre-ground coffee you buy for the press is specifically a press grind. Don't use a drip grind (too fine), or, obviously, an espresso grind (WAY, WAY too fine), you'll just get sludge. So look for a grind specifically for a cafetiere or french press...it's a very coarse grind.

Second, get the very best coffee you can afford. With espresso, you can have a $3,000 machine and a $1,000 grinder, but if you use crappy beans you'll get crappy coffee...GIGO!
Especially with a press (but, really, with any method), the coffee is the most important element.

One more suggestion...do a little reading about making coffee with a press. Don't get nuts, like me, but knowing a little about water temperature and brew time is important.(for example: http://coffeegeek.com/guides/presspot/)

I'm told by those who use a press that you can make terrific coffee with a minimum of fussing...the diametric opposite of making espresso, which is one big fuss!!

ENJOY!!!:D

Edit: We are way OT on this thread...shouldn't continue this discussion here

Last edited:

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I use these with my Xbox 360. They are great! :)

That's good to hear because I have an Xbox as well and I was hoping they would work great with that as well (I don't have a headset for the 360).

I just tried them out, and although it took some serious fiddling with the PS3's settings, I finally got them to work with my recording device so I can hear other people talking in the recording. Annoying, but hopefully now that everything is set, I won't have to mess with the settings again.

French iPod

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2010
somewhere far beyond
finally had some money over the holidays + saving up from the job and was able to buy some upcoming albums (and some dvd's) to keep me occupied during winter time :p)..

Stratovarius "Nemesis" Limited Hard Book Edition

2j0zd5k.jpg

Helloween "Straight Out of Hell" Limited Edition with Poster
349fhw3.jpg

Stratovarius "Under Flaming Winter Skies" DVD+2CD Edition
25g76ut.jpg

Kamelot "Silverthorn" Box Set Edition
zjyvs1.jpg

Kamelot "One Cold Winter's Night" 2DVD+CD Edition
2d8jec.jpg

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody "Ascending To Infinity" CD/DVD Edition
2u3wmtf.png

Avantasia "Flying Opera" 2CD/2DVD Edition"
t9f5zk.jpg

Sonata Arctica "Live In Finland" DVD/CD Box Set
2nsynmd.jpg

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Got this baby from a friend for the price of a 500GB external hard drive and $50 cash! It has hinges that don't stay in place, it's heavily dented, the superdrive is broken, and the battery is at 60% health. Other than those problems, this computer is awesome!

It's a 15" late 2008 uMBP.

F01699F5-2116-4E57-B5AB-0CE5DEC6B9EC-284-0000001C5CA037F3.jpg

It has a removable battery!

F1E44820-AEB2-4D03-BB28-21A9984DCC40-284-0000001C5E5E14C7.jpg

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
Got this baby from a friend for the price of a 500GB external hard drive and $50 cash! It has hinges that don't stay in place, it's heavily dented, the superdrive is broken, and the battery is at 60% health. Other than those problems, this computer is awesome!

It's a 15" late 2008 uMBP.

It has a removable battery!

The way some people treat their possessions is unbelievable. Congrats on getting a deal on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.