Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
And this is why I turned off autobrightness with my iPhone 5.
Based on the different posts in this thread, it seems like this kind of thing is happening to a number of people that don't use autobrightness at all (and have it off), which is why they are wondering what it all might be about.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Weird, I had this happen a lot when I had auto-brightness turned on. When I turned it off I haven't seen it reoccur. Whacky!

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
Also have a glitch where my keyboard is not responsive in texts have to close and reopen app. Tried it on two different phones.

billiejo

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
I've had my iPhone 4s for about 3weeks now (got it brand new from upgrading) however today twice when my phone was "sleep" all of a sudden it lights up and beeps. The next minute it goes soo dim you can just see the wallpaper. I try to get it back on and go in brightness settings, it's set as my normal brightness but I have to move the bar to get it back to normal.. Why does it do this?? Is there something wrong with my phone?? Thanks

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Is anyone having problems with their iPhone 5 dimming all the down randomly? It's usually when I wake the phone that it does this, I have auto brightness turned off and brightness at 100% but randomly it'll go down to 0%. I'm wondering if it's software related (Which is my first guess) or hardware related.

No I can confirm this happens to me too. No auto brightness on and brightness at 90 percent. All the time

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
Actually this has happened to me a couple of times recently.

I didn't have to go into the setting though. I just waited like 10 seconds and it came back to normal.

Not a big deal to me.

JocelynK89

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Dimming Screen HELP!

Is anyone experiencing this problem with the white 5 more than the black 5? My boyfriend's black 5 doesn't have this dimming problem but mine does. Both of our phones were purchased at best buy, his just after Christmas, and mine just after the new year.

tarheel3559

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
Yep..has happened to me too. Not using auto brightness and it happens pretty frequently. Apple seriously needs to get their act together, too many bugs/glitches/problems with iOS devices lately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.