Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knoxtown

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2007
Everywhere
Mine says "Left FedEx origin facility". Hopefully, that means it left on a plane and not to go somewhere else to be loaded on a plane.

Mine said what yours said about 8 hours before it switched to what i have now... "Left FedEx origin facility".

Although, it says its being delivered Thursday, so I'm happy. :D

falcon362

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
New York City
31 Days...From ordering to my desk

Here it is... :D

i-GpZbTfN-L.jpg

Best of luck to everyone everyone else with your orders!! It will definitely be worth the wait.

falcon362

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
New York City
What a beauty!
Did anyone have a disparity between the estimated delivery date and that from FedEx? If so, who was correct?

I did. When I got the tracking number on Thursday evening, the scheduled delivery was for Thursdsy, Jan 10. That never changed although the delivery was three days ahead of schedule.

clstroud

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hey all, just wanted to check since some of you seem to have had wire transfer/general payment issues hold up your orders... Should I not be charged until the machine changes from Processing to Preparing? AppleCare has long cleared my account, but I want to make sure nothing gets held up with daily spending limits on my card. It's a Visa Debit+Credit card if that makes any difference.

The reason I ask is if I should have seen it start a "pending" transaction or something immediately after my order like I saw with the Apple Care, then I should make some phone calls to see that everything is going smoothly aside from the obvious production issues.

Thanks!

Dipwind

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
Here it is... :D

Best of luck to everyone everyone else with your orders!! It will definitely be worth the wait.

And it come with a wired Keyboard, Apple is doing right first time now, that's an improvement.

what a beauty , Enjoy mate I'm entertaining myself in get rid of the rest of the nails I still have on my fingers :(

Dip

Slick1phone

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
I've been looking around for a while and I guess apple is a month behind on the deliveries so even if it says January I'm expecting to get my order first week in feb. I ordered dec 27. 27" 1tb fusion drive 680mx. And got 32gig of ram from newegg. I had the new i5 base already that's 1999. But took it back do to screen issues there was a scratch in the black part of the screen and it was bleeding light. Apple took it back and I ordered this now. And now I have to wait.

EK23

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
I've been looking around for a while and I guess apple is a month behind on the deliveries so even if it says January I'm expecting to get my order first week in feb. I ordered dec 27. 27" 1tb fusion drive 680mx. And got 32gig of ram from newegg. I had the new i5 base already that's 1999. But took it back do to screen issues there was a scratch in the black part of the screen and it was bleeding light. Apple took it back and I ordered this now. And now I have to wait.

Maybe it is the optimist in me but I have to believe apple is getting caught up on their backlog of orders. The orders can't still be coming in at the rate they were thirty days ago.

dearlaserworks

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2012
Eastern Shore, USA
They're knocking 20 a day off the spreadsheet the past few days. If they keep that up all week, this backlog should be cleared up by the end of the month. Nothing shipped til halfway into December and then there were two holidays at the end of the month. Crazy time to launch a new design and ramp up. At least we're all having fun. ;)

scubadoo

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
PA, USA
Delivered!

She's a beauty and in absolutely perfect condition. Added in my ram upgrade and transferred my data from a time machine backup.

Best of luck to everyone still processing and preparing for shipment, it's well worth the agonizing wait. :D

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
They're knocking 20 a day off the spreadsheet the past few days. If they keep that up all week, this backlog should be cleared up by the end of the month. Nothing shipped til halfway into December and then there were two holidays at the end of the month. Crazy time to launch a new design and ramp up. At least we're all having fun. ;)

What order date are they up to now?

alig8or

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
Been lurking since about page 7. I ordered on Dec. 19. No status change yet, but a rep told me that between the two of us I was looking at mid-January.

It's my first Mac and I couldn't be more excited. I want to thank the keepers of the spreadsheet for keeping it clean for us.

~alig8or

Edit: I have added my entry to the spreadsheet

Last edited:

Majh

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
PA, USA

LornaP

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
Been lurking since about page 7. I ordered on Dec. 19. No status change yet, but a rep told me that between the two of us I was looking at mid-January.

It's my first Mac and I couldn't be more excited. I want to thank the keepers of the spreadsheet for keeping it clean for us.

~alig8or

Edit: I have added my entry to the spreadsheet

I also ordered on Dec 19th. So fingers crossed for both of us that the rep you spoke with is correct ;)

GQKaMbiZ

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013

Once you install the RAM ( I plan on purchasing 16gb), what's the step by step for configuring it so the computer picks it up? Sorry for asking, this is my first Mac :):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.