Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelmac

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2006
Once you install the RAM ( I plan on purchasing 16gb), what's the step by step for configuring it so the computer picks it up? Sorry for asking, this is my first Mac :):apple:

Nothing - should be automatic. Just sit back and enjoy the extra performance!

Nemianpa

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
finally shipped

Last night my order turned to preparing and this morning it shipped, expected delivery from apple is 1/15.
Ordered on 12/7 :)

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
Cause I'm an idiot. Guess I had a short moment of cost constiousness. :eek:

Unlike, I guess most of you, this was just a toy for me. I'm no photographer, web designer or music composer.

Maybe someday I'll walk into a store and pick one up at the spur of the moment. Well probaly 4 months from now when they are readily available in store. ;)

i can't blame you for thinking of the cost. i had a hard time justifying it until i thought about it and i spent the same amount on my 2010 mbp and it wasn't nearly as spec'd out. also i have a 2012 mbp i'm hoping i can recycle or at least get it fixed (for as cheap as possible) so that would be some money i would get back. i'm not any of the above listed professions either, i'm just in need (literally) of a computer. if i were in the states i probably would have waited as well.

Romano81

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
Mine is "out for deliverey" since this morning :eek:

woohooo :apple:

As I am not at home today I called TNT and told them that I´ll pickup the iMac at their warehouse this evening....

:apple:

Ordered on 12/06
27" / i7 / 680 / 3TB FD
germany

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2005
Ordered on the 6th. STILL waiting for it to change from "Preparing For Shipment".

Sigh.

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5

----------

"What order date are they up to now?"

I think 12/12/12

Nope, I ordered 6th and mine hasn't budged from 'Preparing for shipment' since before the weekend.

Anurbanhippy

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
TX
Reading the tea leaves as a admitted noob, 30 days +/- appears to be the order to ship days.

I ordered the following on Dec 28. I live in Dallas, Texas.

27" iMac
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
3TB Fusion Drive

I expect a ship date around Jan 28.

Is this reasonable?

EK23

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
Have any of you that shipped yesterday seen an update with your tracking? My last activity is still from 2:39pm yesterday(China time I presume) saying Left FedEx origin facility and nothing since.

-Future-

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
Ordered Dec 7. Finally shipped! Expected Jan 10.....now what to do with my time since I've been checking my order status like a mad man?? Hmm......check FedEx every hour!! YES!!!

Next challenge is getting barclay to honor the special financing, anyone have success? My charge posted past the 30 day mark...

splyn

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
Mine is "out for deliverey" since this morning :eek:

woohooo :apple:

As I am not at home today I called TNT and told them that I´ll pickup the iMac at their warehouse this evening....

:apple:

Ordered on 12/06
27" / i7 / 680 / 3TB FD
germany

What was your originally delivery date showing by TNT ?

Majh

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
PA, USA
Ordered Dec 7. Finally shipped! Expected Jan 10.....now what to do with my time since I've been checking my order status like a mad man?? Hmm......check FedEx every hour!! YES!!!

Next challenge is getting barclay to honor the special financing, anyone have success? My charge posted past the 30 day mark...

I called Barclay shortly after ordering back on December 11th and they extended it to 45 days without issue. The rep I spoke with told me to call back if I was approaching the 45 day mark and they could extend it further without issue.

I don't see it being a problem.

-Future-

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
Have any of you that shipped yesterday seen an update with your tracking? My last activity is still from 2:39pm yesterday(China time I presume) saying Left FedEx origin facility and nothing since.

Mine says the same, I'm assuming that means it left China on a plane..

----------

I called Barclay shortly after ordering back on December 11th and they extended it to 45 days without issue. The rep I spoke with told me to call back if I was approaching the 45 day mark and they could extend it further without issue.

I don't see it being a problem.

Thanks, that's a sign of relief - I was dreading this call. I tried emailing their customer service last month and they were not very helpful. So I'll definitely call...

corporatestooge

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Today when I checked my status it still says "January", but under the order there's now a new box that states "Cancelled - Replaced with a new product". I changed the keyboard but that was three weeks ago. Hope this doesn't change anything :/

NicB

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
I also ordered on Dec 19th. )

Another Dec. 19 here. I checked my credit card account this morning and it seems Apple has a hold on the $ amount of the iMac--not sure when they did it, as I hadn't checked previously--but I hope that's a good sign that it'll be prepping for shipment soon. It's still listed as processing.

I ordered an i7/8GB/3TB Fusion/680MX. Will upgrade RAM myself after it arrives.

Can't wait as I'm upgrading from a 20" 2006 white iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duowith only 2GB. It is unbelievably slow with iPhoto and similar apps now and can't be upgraded to Mountain Lion.

-Future-

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
Another Dec. 19 here. I checked my credit card account this morning and it seems Apple has a hold on the $ amount of the iMac--not sure when they did it, as I hadn't checked previously--but I hope that's a good sign that it'll be prepping for shipment soon. It's still listed as processing.

I ordered an i7/8GB/3TB Fusion/680MX. Will upgrade RAM myself after it arrives.

Can't wait as I'm upgrading from a 20" 2006 white iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duowith only 2GB. It is unbelievably slow with iPhoto and similar apps now and can't be upgraded to Mountain Lion.

LOL, i have the 24" white imac with 2gb of ram. Iphoto won't even open anymore for me.....

iWaiting

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
a recount would be in order I am a Dec 8 th order date and still processing with January as the dispatch date

formel1

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Germany
07.12.2012 I have ordered this iMac:

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
1TB Fusion Drive

APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-D
COUNTRY KIT-D

04.01.2013 - Prepairung for Shipment -

when do you think that the iMac is shipped to me :confused:

I have just received an e-mail that the iMac is shipped....

Last edited:

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
a recount would be in order I am a Dec 8 th order date and still processing with January as the dispatch date

yes, you are one among many that are seemingly way out of order in the schedule.

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2005
Okay, I JUST got my Shipped email from Apple, it's on the way.

I ordered on the 6th Dec:

3.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

I saw some people talking about tracking the plane. That's geeky and I like the sound of it. If I just got the email do you think that means the flight has left, or just that it's checked out of the factory gates/into the airport holding area?

BIGBUCZ

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
Well after my 7th status check today it seems as the apple gods have decided to grant me with a preparing for shippment update.....The torutre is nearing a end

Order date dec 13 Brampton Ontario

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.