Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple-win

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2012
I wish Apple would build one of those big, iconic stores here in Orlando. I'm so jealous of Asia, Europe, and NYC. :(

You want a flagship Apple store. I want Disney World and Universal Studios:p Kids like Disneyland, not Apple store.

apple-win

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2012
...more evidence that Apple has lost its way.

Apple has to build a bigger, flashier store across the street from Samsung?

It won't help for long term. I think Samsung will be the smartphone winner in China market. I don't think Chinese are loyal Apple fanboys, they know Apple stuffs are made in China.

Chinese like freedom, many of those like piracy too. iOS is not a platform for them. Apple is just a contemporary high fashion in China.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
You want a flagship Apple store. I want Disney World and Universal Studios:p Kids like Disneyland, not Apple store.

I actually live 3.4 miles from Disney World and have worked there for 15 years. So, for me, walking into the NYC 5th Avenue Apple Store (the glass cube) is probably how it feels when you set foot into the Magic Kingdom Park. That's one of the reasons I never watch any of the Foxcon documentaries and why I would never work at an Apple store. I want to preserve the magical guest experience. :)

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

Thanks for posting. Looks great.

Am I the only one who looks at that as a failed attempt at using traditional Chinese architecture with Apple's tired "it's all glass" look, marred with a "Times Squarish" giant LED ad screen.

It's horrible. It's truly dreadful. Apple has lost its way....

The night shot is kind of cool though - since all the other crap disappears.

What are you talking about. The building is stunning and they've done a great job on the corner of the street.

Such a nice looking store. Jobs would have loved it.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY

I think it's time to Disney expands in the USA. Every time I got to Disney World (it's been a couple of years), it's so crowded, the lines are too long and it's getting really expensive. I'd like one in NY, but I don't think that would ever happen. Unless they did some special winter type thing.

Probably would be best if they put on in the middle of America somewhere.

apple-win

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2012
Thanks.

Here's another look from inside the mall. (I have no idea what the mall is called)

[url=http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9415/dsc0135mp.jpg]Image[/URL]

Seriously it's boring to visit Apple store, you see the same old things again and again. I won't go to Apple store unless I'm planning to buy something from Apple.

If people like glass building design, I recommend them to visit a modern airport terminal. Modern airport terminals have huge glass windows, glass walls, very bright and airy interior. And there are more interesting stuffs to see in the duty-free shops in the airport than Apple store.

There are a lot of modern airport terminals in China. Maybe Apple should open Apple booths in every airport terminals in China so that mainland Chinese don't have to fly to Hong Kong to buy Apple stuffs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.