Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Hey everyone, so i am selling tix on CL...

i live in san diego, the tix are for a concert in san francisco. so i am going to post in the CL for san fran.

now what is the best way to make sure i get paid?

they are hard tix in my hand. thanks for any advice and experience with this info.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
CL explicitly tells people to only deal locally. If I tried to buy something on CL and the seller said they were in San Diego, I'd suspect scam and drop it.

Edit: BTW what concert? ;)

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
With Craigslist, only take cash and meet in a public place. I would recommend listing them on San Diego's Craigslist instead of San Francisco.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
CL explicitly tells people to only deal locally. If I tried to buy something on CL and the seller said they were in San Diego, I'd suspect scam and drop it.

Edit: BTW what concert? ;)

well i have gotten a ton of hits, just trying to figure out the best way to make the transaction work for both parties.

swedish house mafia.

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
Every transaction I have done on CL has been with cash and meet in a public area. The only time I didn't was actually for courtside tickets to Bulls/Lakers and downtown Chicago is about 1.5 hrs away from me so I spoke with the guy over the phone and did a wire transfer for half the money and gave him the other half cash at the gate to the United Center. This was a unique situation though due to the amount of money the tickets cost and generally I don't do stuff unless its in person......I'm not sure how else you would get around it though. I know as a buyer if someone started talking about paypal and stuff I'd probably assume scam

PS - I'm going to SWM in NYC in March and can't wait! You should say screw it and go yourself!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.