Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brand0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Glad to report that I finally have gotten my hands on my 27" iMac 2012! I originally ordered it online Dec. 31st and it is still "in processing". However, a business apple team associate managed to get his hands on my exact BTO in the store after a few days wait!

iMac 27"
Core i7 3.4Ghz
8GB Ram - upgrading with Crucial on my own
1TB Fusion
GTX 680MX
Wired Keyboard
Superdrive

Woot - can't wait to post a review on this. My first iMac

Last edited:

Towelie1288

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2012
Texas
no problem i am looking for the exact same config
i ordered one already but in processing
and i called all my local apple stores with no luck all sold out will try again next week

brand0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
no problem i am looking for the exact same config
i ordered one already but in processing
and i called all my local apple stores with no luck all sold out will try again next week

What I did is called the local store and asked for the business team. I did the work order under my employers name with my name on the purchase - however, I have noticed that the business team at almost any Apple store goes above and beyond for their clients. Def. a VIP service.

cmjars

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Glad to report that I finally have gotten my hands on my 27" iMac 2012! I originally ordered it online Dec. 31st and it is still "in processing". However, a business apple team associate managed to get his hands on my exact BTO in the store after a few days wait!

iMac 27"
Core i7 3.4Ghz
8GB Ram - upgrading with Crucial on my own
1TB Fusion
GTX 680MX
Wired Keyboard
Superdrive

Woot - can't wait to post a review on this. My first iMac

I did the same thing yesterday and scored the same one you did :)

brand0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
I did the same thing yesterday and scored the same one you did :)

nice man! tired of waiting for my order to go from Processing to packing. Glad it worked out for you and me both! Now just need to go pickup my RAM upgrades :) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.