Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2197dave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
So I am using handbrake for a couple years now to format my video for Apple TV and out of the blue it starts with this error.
It finds the file and when I press start it quits and the error msg pops up.
I have used Appzapper to delete the program and download it again but it still gives me this error msg.

Any ideas?
I am using Snow Leopard. 10.6.8
Help I want to get back to my series.

2197dave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Handbrake quits unexpectedly

"Handbrake quit unexpectedly" is the error msg.

I would love to get back to using handbrake or another program that will reformat my video for Apple TV. I am not ripping DVDs.

Is there another program that will do the same thing?

bt22

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Alabama
try upgrading to a handbrake nightly build. I had the same problem on brave and had to use a nightly build. worked perfect after that...

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
"Handbrake quit unexpectedly" is the error msg.

I would love to get back to using handbrake or another program that will reformat my video for Apple TV. I am not ripping DVDs.

Is there another program that will do the same thing?

What's the source of your video? HandyCam?

2197dave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks

The handbrake nightly build works great. Thanks for the idea.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
not if you use open source title specific. it will not crash upon scan then.
We're lazy. Why do that when the app can do it for you? ;)

try upgrading to a handbrake nightly build. I had the same problem on brave and had to use a nightly build. worked perfect after that...
Excellent! Thanks for the help. The nightly worked for me as well (looks a little nicer too).

aldubon

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013
Handbrake quitting on "Avenger's" and "Brave" in Layman's Terms

Put movie in, once the actual movie starts to play,
go to top DVD Player Menu, select "Go", then "Title", Look at the title that has the check mark, i.e. 14 (I will use title 14 as an example). Stop DVD player.

Now start Handbrake, at the top menu, select "Handbrake", then "Preferences", then "General", "At Launch", make sure "Show preset Drawer" is checked. In "Source Selection", select "Open Source (Title Specific)".

Now go to "Source", Select the "Movie..i.e. Brave", then "Video_TS", then "Video_TS.BUP", then "Open", now you will get a pop-up that asks to "Scan title Number (i.e 14) for Video_TS.BUP", then "Open Title".....scanning will begin, then you can select "Start" like usual. :)

Soulflower

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2011
Put movie in, once the actual movie starts to play,
go to top DVD Player Menu, select "Go", then "Title", Look at the title that has the check mark, i.e. 14 (I will use title 14 as an example). Stop DVD player.

Now start Handbrake, at the top menu, select "Handbrake", then "Preferences", then "General", "At Launch", make sure "Show preset Drawer" is checked. In "Source Selection", select "Open Source (Title Specific)".

Now go to "Source", Select the "Movie..i.e. Brave", then "Video_TS", then "Video_TS.BUP", then "Open", now you will get a pop-up that asks to "Scan title Number (i.e 14) for Video_TS.BUP", then "Open Title".....scanning will begin, then you can select "Start" like usual. :)

I am having this issue with my handbrake. I've done everything you said here but I never to get the pop up menu. When I select the "Video_TS" it starts scanning and then 'quits unexpectedly again'. Any ideas?

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
I am having this issue with my handbrake. I've done everything you said here but I never to get the pop up menu. When I select the "Video_TS" it starts scanning and then 'quits unexpectedly again'. Any ideas?

Well, the above instructions have you doing many things that have nothing to do with open source title specific.

On Mac when you have the initial "Open" window ... where you select your source you can just hold down the Option Key when you click the Open button in that window. That will trigger the Title selection window. Also no need to select anything inside the VIDEO_TS folder. HB will scan all of that part for you and limit itself to just the title you specified.

However as noted using a more recent HB for instance the 0.9.9 release candidate may make this unnecessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.