Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjmCreative

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
Hello all,

For some reason my address book / contact app is not updating to everyone's picture in my gmail address book. It shows some but not all....any suggestions? I've tried re-synching several times but it has not worked.

Also, Calendar does not show all of my dates set such as anniversaries, weddings, meetings, etcs...

Help please!!! D:

Last edited:

rjmCreative

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
Calendar is working as intended now, however my contacts are still missing their images from Gmail.

Has anyone else faced similar issues?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
How are you syncing to Google? If it's via CardDAV, I've noticed that syncing isn't really automatic. If you make a change on a contact on the phone, syncing will occur immediately.

Also, just speculating but Google is fiddling with their Contacts setup right now and that could be the problem.

rjmCreative

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
Here is how I am synching to Google

Screen-Shot-2013-01-12-at-5.59.40-PM.jpg

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Sorry...my head was in the wrong forum (iPhone).

When did this start? Like I said, Google, just this week, is monkeying around with their contact page. They're trying to create a unified one that will satisfy Google Voice users. GV users have been using a second contacts page created just for GV.

How much of the data that's not syncing for you is showing properly at Google?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.