Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Tapatalk has stopped working here and not pulling anything up anymore on any of my devices. Other sites still work fine just not this one and I use it heavily. :(

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Something has changed in the last few minutes, quotes are also not working on the regular site, I also started a thread about it in Feedback, I think Arn changed something.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Tapatalk has stopped working here and not pulling anything up anymore on any of my devices. Other sites still work fine just not this one and I use it heavily. :(

Something has changed in the last few minutes, quotes are also not working on the regular site, I also started a thread about it in Feedback, I think Arn changed something.

There was a short lived issue.

Things should be back to normal.

arn

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
I can't get anything to show whatsoever on this site, so I stopped bothering. No participated, no unread, no anything. I can't even browse the forums through navigating with Tapatalk. It's a shame. =\

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I can't get anything to show whatsoever on this site, so I stopped bothering. No participated, no unread, no anything. I can't even browse the forums through navigating with Tapatalk. It's a shame. =\

It's working fine for me. Perhaps try removing your MacRumors account from it and re-adding it. If that doesn't work, try deleting the app altogether and reinstalling it.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
It's working fine for me. Perhaps try removing your MacRumors account from it and re-adding it. If that doesn't work, try deleting the app altogether and reinstalling it.
I have... about 100 million times... on both Tapatalk and Tapatalk 2.

Posting from Tapatalk now. May e you should also try clearing the Tapatalk Cache under Settings.
See above. Nothing works. =\

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I fixed mine earlier when I found that if you have it check your PM's or updates from the forums as notifications it clears all unread each time. TURN ALL NOTIFICATIONS off for the forums in tapatalk and the problem will stop and it will work as it should.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
I fixed mine earlier when I found that if you have it check your PM's or updates from the forums as notifications it clears all unread each time. TURN ALL NOTIFICATIONS off for the forums in tapatalk and the problem will stop and it will work as it should.
The forums work okay in Tapatalk, but they don't at all with the new Tapatalk 2... even with your suggestion.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The forums work okay in Tapatalk, but they don't at all with the new Tapatalk 2... even with your suggestion.

Okay, so this makes a little more sense. Regular Tapatalk for iPhone works for me and you. Tapatalk HD for iPad works for me, do you have that too?

I didn't even know there was a Tapatalk 2 for iPhone until this thread. Looking at the screenshots, it appears similar to Tapatalk HD.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Okay, so this makes a little more sense. Regular Tapatalk for iPhone works for me and you. Tapatalk HD for iPad works for me, do you have that too?

I didn't even know there was a Tapatalk 2 for iPhone until this thread. Looking at the screenshots, it appears similar to Tapatalk HD.
It didn't come out that long ago for iPhone and it's been out for like 6 months on Android. I think the site just needs to update their Tapatalk support. Every other site I go to but this one works flawlessly with the new version of Tapatalk. I don't mind using the original Tapatalk by any means, just letting you know there is, in fact, a new version of Tapatalk... and that this site isn't compatible.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
I don't mean to argue, but that's not true. I'm using Tapatalk right now. Tapatalk 2, most recent update, ios 6, iPhone 5.
I'm glad it's working for you, but that's not helping me. I've re-installed it a hundred times... I've also installed it on a freshly restored iPhone 5 with iOS 6... and nada. All other forums are working perfectly except this one. It works okay with the original Tapatalk, just not Tapatalk 2. I've emptied the cache a million times, logged out and in a million times... nothing. Not making up the problem, but this is the only forum in which I cannot use with Tapatalk 2.

I can't even use the Forums option to browse the forums... it just comes back with an error.

MqX9Vra.png

w98XEjB.png

ozRKjpV.png

5V1v2Qn.png

And when using the Forums feature to browse it just stays stuck loading...

Of6O6Qy.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm glad it's working for you, but that's not helping me. I've re-installed it a hundred times... I've also installed it on a freshly restored iPhone 5 with iOS 6... and nada. All other forums are working perfectly except this one. It works okay with the original Tapatalk, just not Tapatalk 2. I've emptied the cache a million times, logged out and in a million times... nothing. Not making up the problem, but this is the only forum in which I cannot use with Tapatalk 2.

I can't even use the Forums option to browse the forums... it just comes back with an error.

I just spent the $3.99 to buy the app so I could try and replicate your problem. Unfortunately [for you] it's working just fine for me.

However, I will bring this up to one of the admins and ask them to double-check the forum plugin to see if there is anything that can be adjusted for you.

Just to check, are you logging into Tapatalk 2 with a Tapatalk ID and then also logged into the MacRumors forum with your account?

Also, what city/country are you in? Maybe there is a problem at a local cdn server near you.

2013-02-28%2006-35-13.png

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
I just spent the $3.99 to buy the app so I could try and replicate your problem. Unfortunately [for you] it's working just fine for me.

However, I will bring this up to one of the admins and ask them to double-check the forum plugin to see if there is anything that can be adjusted for you.

Just to check, are you logging into Tapatalk 2 with a Tapatalk ID and then also logged into the MacRumors forum with your account?

Also, what city/country are you in? Maybe there is a problem at a local cdn server near you.

I've been logged in with a Tapatalk ID while logged into the site... logged in with a Tapatalk ID while not logged into the site... logged into the site with Tapatalk without being logged in with a Tapatalk ID... and every other combination thereof... maybe I'm just immensely unfortunate. Also.. with all of these combinations... every other forum I go to works just fine. I don't see why my location would matter when the original Tapatalk works just fine, regardless of how I log in.

I'm not mad or anything, I just find it bizarre. :(

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I've been logged in with a Tapatalk ID while logged into the site... logged in with a Tapatalk ID while not logged into the site... logged into the site with Tapatalk without being logged in with a Tapatalk ID... and every other combination thereof... maybe I'm just immensely unfortunate. Also.. with all of these combinations... every other forum I go to works just fine. I don't see why my location would matter when the original Tapatalk works just fine, regardless of how I log in.

I'm not mad or anything, I just find it bizarre. :(

Yes it is bizarre. I'm replying to you from Tapatalk 2 right now.

Lets wait and see what the admins say once they look into it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.